Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Members

Especially that first photo, BEFORE TAYLOR WAS EVEN FAMOUS. It was a meet and greet photo from one of Britney's concerts, and she was at the height of her career. Of course she wouldn't remember that.

The 2008 photo? Maybe, but Britney was just recovering from her breakdown, Taylor was more known to country music fans/young girls than the public at large back then (and only her first album was out then--her second album, which did considerably better, was a few months away), and it may have just been a case of two celebrities being asked to take a picture with each other, because why not? 

I'm not a huge fan of Britney's music (I just can't get past her voice, more often than not--some can, I just can't), but I have no doubt that she's a kind person who wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. That's just not her. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG! :lol: The video is out and it's a bit of a disaster. Quintessentially Britney, in many ways, of course, and the guys are HOT, but why is spending so much time awkwardly shaking her non-existent ass, and then they make it look like she was couch-casting the guys! Jesus. Not to mention we can hear the girls screaming and clapping, totally overshadowing the song. Horrible choice.

Edited by YRBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Glory’s tracklist:

1. Invitation
2. Make Me… (feat. G-Eazy)
3. Private Show
4. Man On The Moon
5. Just Luv Me
6. Clumsy
7. Do You Wanna Come Over?
8. Slumber Party
9. Just Like Me
10. Love Me Down
11. Hard To Forget Ya
12. What You Need
13. Better
14. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
15. Liar
16. If I’m Dancing
17. Coupure Électrique

• Members

I really don't know what to think of this. I want to be excited, but it could be very, very bad. And I say this as someone who isn't exactly the biggest Britney Spears fan (of her music, anyway--I like her as a person):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/britney-spears-tv-movie-set-922594

FWIW, I was once told I looked like Jamie Lynn Spears. Thankfully, it was a compliment. :) 

ETA: Britney and her team apparently want nothing to do with this movie.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

It's BRITNEY, BITCH!

Glory is getting pretty good reviews, with some of them even calling the album spectacular and the best of her career. 

At first listen, I was happy and impressed with how varied it was. She also put in work, vocally. Disappointed with the lyrics -- I wasn't expecting lyrical brilliance but, man, a slightly different theme would do lol

"If I'm Dancing" is an early fave. So weird, so good.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Seriously. That's one reason I've never been a huge fan of her music. I just can't with her voice most of the time. But that's just me.*

From what I've heard, though, Jamie Lynn has a good voice.

*I will admit to listening her version of "The Beat Goes On" from her first album a lot as a kid. I...made weird decisions as a 10 year old, I guess.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA