Big DAYS Casting News!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, because of the way that Passions was written and the way that the actors have to repeat dialogues over and over again, fans outside of Passions is going to look at them as bad actors.

Despite Passions killed itself by dragging storylines on forever, if there was one thing they did right, it would be that they had the best cast that I seen on a soap for a while.

I just hope people will give them the benefit of a doubt instead of bashing them. Remember the show they used to work for, at least give them a chance.

With that said, too bad Dena is writing the show.

• Members

You know, people dissed Austin Peck something awful when he was on Days. And then he went to ATWT and really stepped up his game. I think Galen Gering and Eric Martsolf might do the same on Days. Passions' problem was in the writing. Dialogues, for a start, were atrocious.

However, I would love to see Juliet Mills, Ben Masters, Lindsey Hartley, Liza Huber, Brooke Kerr and others start getting some roles because I honestly think there were some great actors on PASS who, given more judicious material, could really wow us. For example, Juliet Mills is *so* underrated, it's not even funny, and Hartley is a breakout star in the making.

• Members

I don't see Eric as Brady nor did i see Kyle as Brady, I always pictured Brady with Brunette, Red, or Black Hair and just as tough and rough around the edges as John and a Caring Heart like his mother. played by someone like Steve Burton (Jason, GH), or someone who can be like a John Black Jr., but you never get what you want. Like when I heard James Scott was coming to Days i was so hoping he would be Andrew Donovan (British Accent, living with Shane) coming to Salem to stop crime or some sort. Galen Gering I think will do pretty well he has improved alot as time progessed. If Emily Harper came to Days I would love to see her as Noel Curtis (Neil and Liz's Daughter) or Sarah Horton (Maggie and Mickey and Neil's Daughter). And don't beat up on Lindsay Hartley she is AWESOME to me. I would love for her to come on days a daughter of Doug's, who he produced when he was seperated from Julie back in the late 80's-early 90's, their time apart was never addressed so it could happen!

• Members

OH, Tylerbo that story was poorly written. I think it should have went along the lines of Bo, Hope, Kayla, Steve, Roman, John, Marlena, Lexie, Anna, Special Guest Kim and Shane all head to Ireland where they run across real EJ (Tom Pelphey [ex-Johnathan, GL]) and search of the real DiMera/Brady feud. They stumble upon a man in a secret room at the Ireland DiMera mansion and find Roman Brady (Wayne Northrop) and Tony DiMera (the real one) held captative by Eleanor DiMera (Victoria Whyndam [ex-Rachel, AW]), who revealed the Brady Secret that Shawn Brady and his siblings are hers and Stefano's siblings VIA an affair Shawn's father had with Santo's wife for many years. She had Tony captative for the way Stefano treated her son (Andre) like his lab rat, and changed he is once beloved face into Tony's because he didn't have a child that would live up to his standards. Thats my verision of the feud.

• Members

I don't think it is all that difficult to top GH's cast. Probably every Off-Off-Broadway production can make that boast. Passions had a few people who had distinct charisma and charm. I am not sure I would ever call them great actors, but a few I thought were pretty decent. But since both soaps were mentioned, John Reilly as Alistair did a better job than John Reilly ever did as Sean Donnely. That might be because Alistair was a better, more fun, and larger than life role though.

• Members

I disagree. I mean, GH as a show sucks. And there leads leave much to be desires, however i would say most of the cast is pretty good. But i dont think any cast tops The Young & The Restless.

I do think tho that there are a lot of good actors and actress from passions, inf act there were plenty of great ones. The actress who played Ivy was amazing, i forget her name. But her along with James Hyde, Mills, Ben M, Tracey Ross. I would love any of them to pop up on a soap.

Archived