• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought the ladies looked great and I enjoyed the bit with their costumes. I was surprised that the hosts didn't mention Larry Hagman's passing.

If I forget, someone remember to remind us all about the Pioneers of Television special on Tuesday.

• Members

I get extremely angry when they say that. I actually even prefer, as sad as that is, the comparison to the "Real Housewives," because at least those shows are more soapy.

I enjoyed The Talk segment, even if I think Cheryl was mostly faking about Knots to get some attention. Joan was a lot of fun, as were Michele and Donna. Donna's haircut was a little jarring, as she looked like a stylish elderly First Lady, but she looked great.

I have to confess that when Michele Lee talks about how Knots talked about the issues of the day, and that's why it was a success, I roll my eyes a little. Other than the teen drug story with Olivia, I don't believe Knots did that, and frankly, the few times they tried (vigilantism, biker gangs, Sid's rape accusations, tidal energy), they flopped. They didn't even bring any non-white actors on for 9 seasons. 9.

What made Knots a success was the chemistry between the actors, the complex and relateable characters, the family moments good and bad, the moments of comedy and friendship, the fantastic pacing, and the densely plotted arcs that always gave you a damn good cliffhanger and usually a good resolution.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Joan is really obsessed with playing those types of characters. laugh.png One thing that always strikes me about her in interviews (besides the fact that she speaks in perfect soundbites that I've often heard more than once), is that she's always got her finger on the pulse of scripted series. In almost every interview, she's got an idea for some flashy/trashy character she'd love to play on one of the hot shows of the moment. I really hope she gets her chance to play one of her fantasy roles as a series regular.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I'd like to know why people compare Knots to desperate housewives, as if Desperate housewives is somehow the bigger show.. Let's not forget, DH ran for 8 seasons, Knots ran for 14. But I LOVED the reunion... they all looked great, but Donna looked AMAZING! The dress, the hair, whatever work she's had done is VERY well done.