KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't find the reunion to be that bad. It was decent and showed me enough and also a wide variety of characters. It's sad that Dallas was the high profile show, yet they only brought back a total of like 5 cast members between two movies. That's ridiculous. I don't think a reboot would have to ignore much from a Knots remake though. Only Kate and Gary's daughter would have to be remembered, maybe Paige leaving.

• Members

In a way, I think TS was right to turn down the offer. Not because of his complaints, but because they'd have to explain whether or not Gary knows that Bobby didn't actually die. Bobby's "death," along with the whole "dream season" following, didn't have much of an impact on DALLAS in the long run (aside from viewers' discontent with the decision, of course), but KNOTS used the event to affect a good deal of story on their show, so much so that David Jacobs severed all ties between the two once DALLAS reversed their decision, thereby keeping the two shows in separate universes thereafter.

I'm not getting into that argument, lol! I will say, though, if you have to make a character gay in order to give them story, something is wrong with the character.

• Members

Gary and Kate's daughter is a big reason why I'd choose to ignore the reunion movie. Perhaps, if Gary and Kate had been a much bigger couple, I'd be fine with it. But why must KNOTS remind us (with that child) of the time they attempted to pair Ted Shackelford with Stacy [!@#$%^&*] Galina?

• Members

I agree with that, but I felt like they just did that as a joke (she put up with a bad man, so she's a lesbian). They were ahead of their time, I guess...

I never understood why they paired Gary/Kate. It just felt like "these characters have no other story left." If they hadn't demolished Claudia when she killed her son, I would have paired them up.

• Members

To be perfect and frank, I think Ted Shackelford stayed on KNOTS about two years too long. Unless the show was willing to break its own rules and SORAS Bobby and Betsy into teenagers or young adults, there was little left for Gary (or Val, for that matter) to do that wouldn't have felt like a retread of earlier (and better) stories.

And if anyone in the history of KNOTS was a true lesbian, it was Jill Bennett. I'm just saying. :)

Edited by Khan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Continuing my journey through Season 6. On "A Price To Pay," there is this really, really awesome Ben/Val scene, in which they return to Ben's fabulous beach house, put on a ballad and dance. It's romantic without being cheesy; that kind of romance is almost extinct nowadays. Meanwhile, Abby is being blackmailed by Greg: Get Gary off Empire Valley and I'll tell you where Val's babies are.

Watching Ben/Val and Gary/Abby interact is great. There is no doubt in my mind that Gary/Val are endgame but it's better when they're apart. Just like when Pam and Bobby divorced on DALLAS, there is no other scenario more touching and full of dramatic tension than when the endgame couple is apart, secretly loving each other but never together. In the meantime, Gary and Val's involvement with their respective partners brings on a ton of drama, especially Gary and Abby's relationship. They've been milking it for four seasons already. The show has been very smart about dealing with those two couples.

Laura is also in the midst of a low-key, yet satisfying, feud with Ruth. Laura has been going for Ruth's neck, time and time again, even going as far as to tell her that what Greg sees in her is that she's good in the sack! Ruth does what she always does: She takes it in stride, smiles, and moves on to the next insult. Such fabulous TV.

• Members

Since season 3 involves Lisa Hartman singing.. I imagine licensing issues are a problem here. The effing publishing coimpanies, in the wake of the collapse of the CD market, are trying to grub every penny they can from TV and film licensing, charging insane amounts for song licensing (like 400$ per SECOND) I would love nothing better than a Knots continuation, and having Brian Austin Green and Tonya Crowe be the main stars of it. Tonya Crowe can carry a show, Brian.. not so much, but that can be worked around. And cast completely new people to be Bobby and Betsy. I would STILL have a widowed Karen and Abby still living in the cul-de-sac. Have Meg be living there with Karen... she could be in college or something. Karen and Abby feuding would be great TV. Even bring Jeff of all people back into the mix to cause drama with Abby.

Edited by alphanguy74