KNOTS LANDING

• Members

Yup, that was season 11. Mack had already been unbearable for years by that point but yeah DIRTY COP HE'S CROOKED SEVEN WAYS FROM SUNDAY was by far the worst. Shame because Mack really is a great character in season 4, but they never really knew what to do with him after that besides being a moral crusader.

I think Richard could have been Abby's partner in crime through at least season 5. Forget the name of that hunky lawyer dude who was her partner in crime in season 5 but Richard could have had that role.

The unique thing with Anne was that she brought class conflict to the cul-de-sac. "What is this garbage night thing I keep hearing about?" alol.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I never know whether to consider "Noises Everywhere" a success or a failure. Letting the actors write it through improv was a novel idea, but Val, Mack, and Karen making Laura's death all about THEM was spitting on her grave. That said, it was in character for them at that point in the show.

I feel like my posts in this thread are down on Knots Landing. Let me re-iterate that Knots Landing was the best show I have ever seen on American television. Even the Lechowick years, there were things they did that annoyed me, but they wrote season 10 and it's unprecedented for any TV show to have a good season 10. There's a reason this thing lasted 14 years.

• Members

Your posts aren't down at all. The more we care about a show the more likely we are to criticize. That we watched (and even in reruns, as I watched it, 14 seasons is a lot) and still care is a sign of how we loved the show.

I hated Noises Everywhere. I never got over what Mack did, and Valene was embarrassing. They just spat on the Laura/Val friendship with Val behaving that way. It's a good example of how infantilized Val became.

The only good part was Laura's video goodbye. And Jill hitting Paige with Peter's ashes.

• Members

Val finally getting to call out Karen on her condescending behavior -- ANY contract cast member getting to call out Karen -- was good though. But yeah, I hated that Val acted that way at Laura's funeral and early season Val certainly would not have.

• Members

As hated as season 13 was, I did like that they tried to put Val in a less dramatic place and have her helping the woman who couldn't read. Val was just exhausted as a character and needed the break. I also liked that episode where they moved back to the cul-de-sac and we got audio flashbacks of her life there.

• Members

Yeah some people hate that but I totally did not mind that scene where they move back in and there's no lightbulbs again. I think it's unique that a show gets to flashback to 13 years ago and that scene worked for me. Also JVA looks better in season 13 than at any other point. Unfortunately the plastic surgery didn't end there and in season 14 she looks awful lol.

Nah there is next to nothing presumably for copyright reasons. I don't know why these companies bother protecting copyrights of programs they have seemingly no interest in releasing. There is a hilarious parody video called Knots Landing 2009 that will give you a gist of what KL was about.

• Members

I don't get why Knots isn't on one of my "old television" channels, as then I could watch the show. I hope I can find that YouTube parody. I know of the show, but for most of its run it was after my bedtime.

Edited by ~bl~

• Members

I find it shocking a series hasn't picked up Donna Mills or Michele Lee the way soaps are coming back. In all the pictures Michele Lee looks great on Fumbling. She'd fit on Revenge. I dream of this Knots Landing remake if Dallas is successful, but even then it probably wouldn't include much of the originals. If anything, I could see Mills and Lee fitting in on new shows, if somebody is smart enough to hire them.

• Members

If Dallas is successful, I think for sure we'll see Dynasty done as a revival. With Knots Landing or Falcon Crest, I definitely see them being considered as well. Whether it's a revival or continuation is to be seen, but these shows will be on everybodys radar. Viewers seem to be gravitating more towards the pure drama soaps and less of the dramadies that dominated during the Desperate Housewives days.

I think Falcon Crest is a nice, dark concept that is ripe for remaking.

• Members

Frankly, I'd love to see a modern-day continuation of KNOTS where Seaview Circle has all-new residents. Characters from the "old" series could make cameo appearances as stories dictate, but I feel like trying to continue the (mis-)adventures of Abby, Karen, Mack, Gary & Val, and others would be a big mistake.

• Members

Y&R missed a golden opportunity not casting her originally as Gloria Fisher. As good as Joan Van Ark was in that role, I feel like Donna had the ability to make that character an integral part to the show's continued success.

And I still cannot believe Michele Lee is joining a web series. If this can happen, though, then I'm keeping hope alive for Constance McCashin's grand return to acting (and to television) with a role as a medical examiner or attorney on a procedural series.