KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Forced, it was lines, a speech, not reality (to me), a caricature, OOC behavior by Gary to facilitate the conversation, and summed up how dumb Karen became over time. Karen never fought because she thought the world was an apple pie. She fought because she knew it was rotten to the core. She wanted to change that.

• Members

I think what Michelle said was right. Dallas and Dynasty were about "them" while Knots Landing was about "us." Knots Landing was about more regular people. Valene was a little crazy but Mac and Karen remind me a little of my neighbors. I think the reason it lasted so long was because while Dallas and Dynasty were getting all the applause, Knots Landing just kind of sailed through getting decent raitings.

the only thing i had a problem with The Talk segment was the clothes segement. I'm willing to bet you that none of those clothes were seen on the show. I watched the fashion pretty carefully. It was i think what they wore to events at the time (there is a photo of Donna in that dress going somewhere) but not on the show.

• Members

Oh, it was reality to me, very similar diatribes have come right out of my mother's mouth on dozens of occasions! And she loved that speech more than you can possibly imagine, and she didn't even watch the show, really... she just heard it while I was watching.

Edited by alphanguy74