JER TO ABC/OLTL?

• Members

I have wondered over the last months if JER would resurface on CBS or ABC. I daydreamed that he'd go to Y&R and write the show the way he wrote GL in the early 90s with Curlee/Demorest. Bu t the other day, I had a new premonition. Maybe he's already a consultant to Frons and he's got stories going to assist Carlivati. The whole back in time plot, while a homage to a previous OLTL plot, is playing out more like a JER,Passions plot than an ABC plot.

What da'yall think? JER to ABC?? Toups.....is it possible?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe JER will be making his way back to DAYS, at least as an consultant. He served as an Executive Story Consultant on SuBe, a show Tomlin of course EP-ed, and Tomlin did direct for Passions. Since Corday is still paying off JER, maybe Tomlin might want to put him to use and be a buffer between Corday and JER, since I don't think things ended well with them.

Just speculation of course. Tomlin's pet, Christopher Whitesell, is most likey to be joining DAYS anyway...

and JER can stay away from ABC...

• Members

No. JERk's work is totally incompetent, which the 1968 story, while fantastical and dragged out, is not. Characters are still themselves, there's still intelligence. Camp is not the sole province of Jim Reilly, and I don't think he's ever done a time travel story, whereas OLTL has, long before Reilly became a name.

If he came to OLTL, I'd turn it off. I've no interest in anyone co-writing with RC. Especially not Josh Griffith, who while talented did far worse camp than this several years ago in 2003. Worse, it was camp that claimed it was actually dead serious and had almost no solid characterization.

• Members

I doubt JER is at ABC but I just have to say that it would be a dream for him to get a job at ANY soap. I really hope he works again. I can't go without his unique storylines!!

I doubt JER is at ABC but I just have to say that it would be a dream for him to get a job at ANY soap. I really hope he works again. I can't go without his unique storylines!!

• Members

The thing what I hate is people trash JER like he is horrid. He actually is talented. His early stint on GL was excellent. Everyone credits Nancy Curlee which is totally untrue. Curlee was a good force but Reilly engineered alot of those storylines. The man has made NBC an absolute fortune. His DAYS 90's run was a ratings smash. When he took DAYS over in 1992 it was in the ratings cellar and then within a few years the ratings skyrocketed. I remember during the Eileen Davidson storyline climax in 1997, that DAYS was close to beating Y&R. The man made Corday and NBC millions beyond belief. His second DAYS run was not as successful. Mainly because he was head writing two shows and both suffered. Also Corday and Reilly butted heads. Corday and Reilly have an icy relationship. Corday was furious back in 1997 when Reilly at the top of the ratings game decided to leave DAYS to create Passions. He was just absolutely furious over what happened. Corday DID NOT want Reilly back in 2003, he wanted Higley as head writer. NBC practically told Corday that if he did not rehire Reilly, they would not renew DAYS. Ratings at the time were hitting all time lows. Reilly during his first year did great numbers during the stalker storyline but after that things went downhill. I think JER purposely wrote the show bad because of his bad relations with Corday. In 2006, it was getting so bad that Corday pressured NBC to dump Reilly from DAYS. This time the numbers were not good so he had more reasons. Reilly had an iron clad contract for like 5 years which Corday is paying off. Reilly will NEVER return to DAYS ever. I think Reilly is done with NBC but do not count him out of daytime. He is the only head writer that has ever skyrocketed ratings to the stratesphere. Back in 1997, DAYS was the king of daytime. Reilly was the main reason they kept AW so long. Believe NBC wanted to cancel AW for years but with DAYS amassing so much revenue they could afford it. Of course he created Passions and they cancelled AW. Anyways I am sure Reilly is taking a break. I have a weird suspicion Frons will hire him as a consultant. Frons is a fan of Reilly. The problem is Reilly is not cheap. Reilly is very very rich, he is a multi multi millionaire. He does not need to work right now. If any ABC show I could see Reilly going to would be OLTL but as a consultant not head writer.

Archived