OLTL: Week of August 11, 2008

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Me too! But I know they're not going to be together once Marty gets her memory back - that's one of the reasons why I like them now. It's the history between the two and the anticipation of Marty kicking Todd's ass.

• Members

I do too. Susan Haskell and Trevor St. John do have the chemistry. Unforunately, the history between these two characters should prevent them from ever being together romantically. But with Marty having amneisa, it's nice that we get to see these scenes because they're able to do it because Marty doesn't remember what Todd did to her. But I'm sorry, the minute Todd starts returning those feelings, this story will be bad.

• Members

Finally. Cord and Tina are acting like CORD AND TINA!!!

But this 1968 story - there's WAY too much time being wasted on Clint and Maria (especially when Clint wasn't a bumbling yokel, and Maria and Clint weren't the "love that was always meant to be" - all for what purpose? Just to add a "cool" transition to Cord in present day? It's not worth it, folks.).

It's time we get back to what was working so well in May and June. Because I'd kinda like to forget July ever happened.

• Members

Mmmmmm! Was that Cord and Tina reunion/breakup a world record in honor of the Olympics. Give them a gold medal and call it a day. Gave me whiplash!

I loved that Jeremiah turned out to be Mo's dad, and Rosa is also an ancestor of Noelle's. That was the most romantic thing I've seen on OLTL in weeks. Better than Gigi/Rex. Better than Clint/Maria.

• Members

Weird LOL to Delphina wanting to touch Moe's head.

I am LOVING the Todd/Marty story, and it's the perfect example of what an AMAZING GIFT daytime contributes to the dramatic entertainment industry - Suspense and anticipation. The gold of this story is in the fact we KNOW Marty will eventually regain her memory and we KNOW it's going to be a monumental blowup, so all of these scenes of bonding and affection are DESTINED for a full-blown, all-out, super-amazing TRAIN WRECK. And I think in Haskell and St. John's performances we see they do have the chemistry and connection to make the explosive reveal scenes that much more hypnotic.

I'm glad the 1968 story seems to be coming to a climax because it DOES need to be over. Maria has left Texas, "Bo" is about to be shipped off to Vietnam, and Gigi is that close to travelling to find Rex... so it NEEDS to be over soon, and I feel like it will be.

Carlo and Talia BOTH need to return to Llanview, because I really don't want to deal with Mendorra again.

Guessing: Moe and Noelle get married, Gigi rescues Rex, and tells Moe/Noelle that they should relocate to Llanview and help Carlotta rebuild her diner in the Bon Jour's image? Save Carlotta's ruins with Noelle's amazing pie? It all seems a bit contrived, but I don't mind Moe/Noelle. I like Noelle, but only if she uses the "Rosa" accent, not the Noelle accent.

Tina/Cord's scenes were great, but they were over too quickly! I think it was a perfect synopsis of their relationship and why they really WON'T work in the long term. It seemed like Cord would love to be with Tina, but it's not about breaking Sarah's heart when Cord/Tina inevitably fall apart, it's about breaking Cord's heart all over again. So nice. Can't wait to see where Tina's story goes from here (and she BETTER not leave town again!) because I have waited a long time for Tina to be mixing it up in Llanview. Can she try to go get a job at the Banner or the Sun and have some scenes with Todd and/or Blair? Tina and Dorian scenes too, please?

• Members

LOVED the Cord and Tina stuff. Her confession of love was just perfect and exactly what this fan needed to hear. Im glad Cord didnt take her back. It would be too easy and would have happened too fast. I really hope things work out for them eventually.I prefer to see more of a story here with them slowly finding their way back together with more buildup. It will make the reunion even that much better. Im also glad that CJ was remembered

Mo and Noelle engaged? When were they even together and in love?

• Members

"Alice" was an awesome-but-underrated sitcom that aired in the 70s and 80s and was rerun on some channels through the 90s and 00s...centered on a small diner in the southwest, where the owner was a crabby old curmudgeon (OLTL's Moe), one of the waitresses was a sassy take-no-[!@#$%^&*] type (OLTL's Noelle), and almost every episode took place mainly in the diner. The Paris, TX stuff has reminded me of the show ever since I first saw the storyline and at first, I thought it was cute, even clever, but now I'm just tired of it randomly popping up, especially when everytime we see Noelle, she's running around screaming about how much she misses so-and-so.

After that "pah" contest, they 'fell for each other.' Because everybody bonds over paaah.

• Members

I was happy to hear Tina wistfully say "and maybe CJ will come back..." the other day when she was talking about being back in Llanview.

I nominate myself for the role, I think I could pass for John Loprieno's son. And they need someone who looks like him, since Sarah sure as hell doesn't.

Archived