OLTL: Week of August 11, 2008

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't say I've watched a whole show in a few weeks. A lot has to do with my utter disgust of the Todd and Marty storyline--like with the Tess storyline, it feels like a scab storyline as well--lets just make it totally one dimensional without any look at history or the character.

• Members

Yeah, the logistics of it would never work, but after all the cherry picked history rewrites I've sat through, sometimes I'm selfish enough to want to give them my own Santi sized serving of Mitch's spiked iced tea. It's not like that many would care if Miles got his deformed face back.

• Members

LOL.

He does overact but it works in this case. He's just soo damn annoying and icky when he plays Jared. Maybe it's because I'll never sympathize with Jared but I can with young Clint because Asa kicked his love back to Mexico. Or maybe it's the sideburns. :lol:

• Members

I can't believe that RC is writing this show!!! WTF happened..

Todd/Mary- Gross and sick on every level. Todd lying to Marty about her life, her son, who he is, ect is just plain wrong. this is not entertaining anymore it is repetitive and boring.

Blair/John- talk about a lack luster couple. There sex scene was horibble, their conversations ( by that I mean Blair's ) suck. Blair is being portrayed as a life sized adult toy and she has the mentality of one.

1968- getting better, but it needs to end already. I love Rex and Gigi, but they are not the loves of each other's life- hello Rex and Jen!!!!

Mendorra- boring and campy and corny- end it!!! I am loving Antonio though.

Starr/Cole- blah!!!

***Dorain gushing over John is just stupid. This is so far beneath Dorian fing Lord. Damn what the hell are they doing to my Cramer woman- it is like they have all been replaced by pod people!!

***Will I ever get to see Starr and Blair or Dorian have a real, indepth converstion about the baby and the choices and how everyone feels and how it is going to effect them? I mean all I have gotten is fluff- where is the meat and potatoes.

***Todd's mad about not seeing his kids, but he isn't doing anything to change that? His need to have Marty tell him he is a nice guy is obviously more important than his family- that is NOT Todd Manning at all!!!

OLTL is seriously losing me as a viewer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I was really torn over this one. My initial reaction during the first half of the show was that I really liked it. It seems it's ALWAYS about Dorian not approving of the men in the Cramer women's lives. So it was nice to see Dorian so supportive for a change. And Dorian has no reason NOT to like John, so I thought it was refreshing.

However, by the end of it, I thought the sex talk, and Strasser whooping it up and "fainting" back onto the bed - it started to get ridiculous. I get it. Dorian approves. No need to go overboard. But then again, that whole "overboard" thing seems to be the biggest issue overall with One Life right now. They bring me to the edge... and then they push me over with a great big shove.

• Members

Wow, NO OLTL posts yet?

Todd/Starr is only interesting to me because I feel like Trevor and Kristen are both stepping up their game in these scenes. Both impressed me today.

I don't know what to make of John and Blair. The puppy-love aspect is a little weird for both characters. And I like them too, but they played those scenes strangely.

And I'm staying spoiler-free, so I just assumed today would end 1968. Wow, what a cold splash of water to the face THAT proved to be. I'm really done.

• Members

I like the Tess s/l but then again I wasn't around to watch Tess the first time around.

I am also enjoying 1968 because it s giving me a brief OLTL history lesson. I loved Spencer's scary story he told today while the lights were out. Did anyone catch that it was about a woman stabbing a man in the back similar to Lindsay in the future?? :lol:

Bo's call to Mathew who is now a "Freshman" was touching.

Blair thinking John is really into her is funny and sad.

Todd and Starr scenes were not bad, I loved when she covered for him :)

• Members

Love it. Im looking forward to the secret room. I dont get though how no one can notice the construction being done on the house, especially with so many people goign in and out of it now. Surely they will be able to hear the loud noises

Archived