OLTL: Week of August 11, 2008

• Members

Well, technically, nurse Janet probably does all those things, with Todd proably just helping her walk (or carry her) back to her bed. I'm sure that Janet helps bath her, wash her hair and everything though. Just a hunch, but that's what I think anyway.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good eppy

I thought Dorian joking about Blair and John's "relationship" was funny. Dorian hates Todd so much she is squeeing about John McBain of all people. "Take a shower and make sure you wash off all of the Todd" :lol:

Finally 1968 is moving forward. It is a good summer s/l, very creative but I want all characters back in Llanview interacting with one another.

• Members

I'm so disappointed by OLTL right now. The 1968 storyline sucks, Tina's return and the whole Mendorra thing sucked. I truly loved the show until Nash's death but the 40th Anniversary celebration is just a mess. Ron has to react soon because right now OLTL is bad !

• Members

I'm not usually a proponent of history rewrites, but since they decided to delve into the past, they should have made a bold choice and done a "Bobby in the shower moment" and had Olympia kill Spencer in 1968. Then when Rex and Bo reurned to the present, David could be back to being a Vickers, Lindsay out of jail, Duke alive or a myriad of other ripple effect corrections to the bone headed decisions of the last couple of regimes. Then, at least, there would have been a purpose, other than pushing a sappy romance, to the story.

• Members

I thought about that too, Jinx - but it opens up way too many doors. Like John's father still being alive, and Hugh not existing to die in John's place, David never changing his name and going on the run, which mucks up some stuff with Tina during the Lord heir stuff. It would have been nice, but if anyone put some serious thought into it, it just undoes way too many threads, and I think you'd have a huge mess. It does sound appetizing though, doesn't it?

• Members

Well, at least, we were spared the sight of Bo (er, Asa) making out with Gigi (er, Emma).

(That is, I hope so. There was a storm last night in OKC. Knocked out all the power. Didn't get to watch the last five minutes of the show.)

• Members

PLus, with no Spencer, I'm not sure Margaret/Sam would have happened as it did. Tommy's original adopted parents never would have gotten him from Spencer, and so Marcie never would have found him after the tornado. So it changes the whole Sam story.

Higley really made sure that guy was involved in EVERYTHING, didn't she?!

• Members

IMO the 1968 story hasn't been that bad for me mostly because it's moving foward. I started to really not like it when it wasn't progressing forward, but now since it is I'm enjoying the interactions and references to the show's history. I have to also add that I'm also enjoying Emma and Rex alot more than Gigi and Rex at the moment.

It was nice to see a lighter side to both Dorian and Blair yesterday. Loved their scenes yesterday. I have to confess I'm almost sold on John and Blair, almost.

Roxie and Charlie are always great. I hope Tina runs into Charlie!

They should have turned up the heat a little more with Natalie/Jared with their love making scenes. I know OLTL can do it, anyone remember when Antonio and Talia made love at Ultra Violet?

With the Jess/Tess story I'm just waiting for the story to hit it's climax.

• Members

Something tells me that might be a little while. I'm getting a distinct November Sweeps vibe from this story, the way it's moving so slowly. I'm also getting a Days Marlena/Kristen Secret Room vibe as well, and we all know how long THAT lasted! :lol::P

• Members

Whenever Tess is on with all that secret room nonsense, my immediate reaction is, "Is the (WGA) strike still happening?". Because, to me, that's how that story feels: like the strike is still going on, and this is what the scabs have devised, b/c nobody knows how the regular writers were supposed to bring back Jess.

• Members

Khan, I'm so with you. I was all for Tess's BRIEF return (if only to get Viki in the car accident to get her to heaven), but now I'm ready to get back to Jessica vs. Natalie. Tess's return no longer makes any sense to me at all. At least the first go-around with Tess, she seemed like a human being. Not a DiMera.

• Members

:lol:

Here's my theory/suspicion/delusional fear: not only will Tess imprison Jared in the secret room (you might think she'll imprison Natalie, but I say otherwise, lol), thus enabling Natalie, who'll be hurt b/c she thinks he skipped out on her, to turn to someone like Brody or John for comfort; but, Tess'll also find the Mendorran jewels in the safe, use them to incriminate Tina, somehow, so she can get her out of Llanfair; and then Tina will have to skip town, again, hurting Cord and Sarah in the process, just to avoid prison.

I'm telling you, ES'/Viki's return can't happen soon enough, lol.

• Members

Too bad Tess tends to love Jess' children like they were her own. (Well, okay, they are her own, but you know what I mean.) Otherwise, there could be a good story in Tess' giving birth to Nash and Jess' child, giving her/him up for adoption, then turning back into Jess, leaving Jess, Jared and Natalie to track down the baby (and forgiving each other, in the process).

Archived