Dancing with the Stars Season 7

• Members

Despite both being dance shows, they have VERY different appeal to me (and So You think You Can Dance is my fave reality show by far--looks liek the current Canadian version will be good too). As others said on Stars it's more campy, you get to see the people massively improve from beginnger status, etc...

Anyway after being so disappointed with SUsan last nite--I was very proud :D I think I musta missed everything Carrie Ann said last night, because I still don't get what all the fuss was about--I love Susan but I thougth her ocmments in regards to the dance were true... *don't hit me*

And yeah Brooke is doing better than I expected but really anyone's lucky to be partnered with Derek--while not one of my crushes of the pro fdancers, he almost always has *the best* choreography that suits the partner.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone pass me a hammer so I can hit Eric over the head. :D

I love Lucci! And yes, she was very nervous and stiff the first night. But Carrie Ann was way out of line. You would never tell anyone to lose weight so why is it ok to tell someone to gain weight?

Anyway, I'm glad Susan is around next week. She totally deserves to be there but I hope the jet lag and the workload doesn't take a toll on her.

• Members

I thought Carrie Anne meant it more as a "Build some body mass to help you with this competition"--not "ooh you're SOO skinny"--but it did come out COMPLETELY wrong (and I swear on this show they have told people to lose weight before, even if they treat it as a joke).

And yeah thrilled she's back another week--though iw as pretty sure she would be--soap stars have pretty loayl voters at least the first few weeks (I know we can't depend on that--but I'm in Canada so can't vote anyway...)

• Members

Ok, I've finally watched all 3 shows. Comments...

Brooke Burke. I was surprised to see how good she was. Definatly one of my favorites, and she dancing with one of my favorite pros.

Toni Braxton. She's very good, I like her performances and she's also at the top of my list. Impressive considering her health. Also, Alec Mazo is to die for!

Rocco DiSpirito. I like his personality and he's way better then I thought he'd be. I think Rocco and Karina is a good match.

Cody Linley. I just want to say I'm NOT a Hanna Montana fan. But wow, this kid is great. Julianne and Cody are amazing together. I always lover Julianne's routines (as well as Derek and Mark's). It's simply fun to watch.

Lance Bass. He's good and I guess Lacey Schwimmer adds some spice to the show.

Maurice Greene. He's got the rhythm for sure. I'm not a Cheryl fan so I just have to try and focus on him instead.

Misty May-Treanor. It sure was surprising to watch her perform like she did. Maks did a great job with her.

Warren Sapp. LOL What can I say?! For a guy BIG to dance like that... well it's pretty darn amazing. Speaking of amazing, Kym is just that.

Jeff Ross. It was the right decistion to send him home To bad Edyta was booted along with him. Love her.

Cloris Leachman. She should've been the second to go!!!! She got really tiresome with all that stuff over at the judges table etc in the first episode. I don't know if I can take it anymore. Perhaps I have to turn the sound of and close my eyes when she's on. Hope she's off next. It was great to see one of the people (Corky) behind the wonderful trio (Mark, Julianne, Derek).

Ted McGinley. Gosh it was heartbreaking to see him go, he looked so sad! :( He did not deserve to be voted of!

Susan Lucci. Yes, she improved on her 2nd dance. But wow, that woman is so fake. Can't stand it. Glad to see she can move though. Nice job.

Kim Kardashian. Yuck, she was so bad. She was saved because of Mark Ballas for sure.

So, Brooke, Toni, Rocco and Misty May are my favorites so far.

Cloris, Kim and Susan are the ones I want off next... and in that order as well.

• Members

I'm not feeling Susan's pink outfit. I'm usually against this kind of remark when referring to older women and clothes but I thought it was too young for her.imo It will be best for susan, if she attempted to wear maturer clothes in this competition, I'm seeing a lot of animosity towards her not dressing her age. I'm willing to bet that older women mainly watch this show and she needs to cater to her audience. Who wants to bet that carrie anne will make a remark about her weight, I really think susan might have to expect that when she is showing too much skin.

Also why in the world is this show making it seem like Toni braxton can't dance? Is it because she is not that well known? She can dance and in her last couple of albums she has danced in her videos. What gives?

• Members

Toni herself likes to act liek she can't dance. I suppose the music videos were sneaky with lotsa quick cuts, etc, but she obviously can at the least *move to music*--I mean she was on Broadway in Beauty and the Beast and Aida (Susan has done Broadway too so I guess part of that is true of her too). It does put you at a slight advantage at any rate next to people who have never done ANY of that.

Anyway Susan was good--I agree with bruno she could slut it up a bit more for the Rhumba but it was definetly good. the costume was ok--not as good as her Tuesday outfit but now as awful as her Monday outfit last week ;)

Archived