GL: August Discussion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL's cast definately needs a few of the above people. I would say bring back Philip and revisit his relationship with Olivia and bring in Alan, Beth, Lizzie and Bill into the story and have all of their relationships tested by it. Then maybe bring back Marah and Alan-Michael and do something with them that maybe involves Marina as well, and in turn affects Mallet and Dinah too. Then some Bauers to restore that part of the show...even just re-establishing Rick and Mel and working through their relationship, then maybe age Kevin and Jason Marler to around sixteen and use them in a great teen storyline involving Blake.

• Members

For the first time in months I was able to watch an entire episode of GL. :o

The show is on fire except for the Daisy/G/Cyrus/Marina/Mallet/Nat/Frank/Alan and his visions.

I would hope that they drop some of these people and pick up VI so we can see more of Alex. :D

• Members

No, I just have been threw to much with this show. I started watching Guiding Light again in 2004 after a 10 year absence and almost stop watching 5 times in just 4 years but something always stopped me a Guiding Light if you will :lol: , but this time nothing I am not interested in 1 thing. Maybe the show is good but how long will it last, oh well I hope you all enjoy watching because that's what these shows are here for entertainment.

• Members

I haven't watched since they replayed Josh and Reva's wedding a few weeks ago. I've heard nothing but positive things about GL lately, so I'll be resetting the DVR to record and going online to download the previous eppys. It's nice to hear that the show is turning around. I've been watching since 1984, and although I've never left, there have been times when I haven't watched for weeks or months.

Keep it up GL!

• Members

I wouldn't say the show is amazing per se, but entertaining and somewhat enjoyable.

There are still areas on the show that need to improve:

Break up Mallet and Marina, and reunite Mallet and Dinah. Mallet's is Marina's godfather for christ sake.

Make me forget about Cyrus and Harley if they are going to keep him.

Make me like Grady, and understand Daisy's actions.

Make me like Jeffrey/BC. Something rather odd happened when they paired him up with Reva, for the first time since Jeffrey's arrival, I WANTED to like Jeffrey, but simply couldn't because I dislike Bradley Cole's protrayl of the character. Congrats to GL, you made me want to like Jeffrey. Now make me like him.

Make Frank Cooper into a human being rather than a robot. They're trying to pair him up with Natalia, but I have yet to see that Frank Cooper is more than one note.

End this Alan seeing Gus bullshit ASAP. I've been able to tolerate Alan and Beth since their airtime has diminished, but I still dislike this pairing very much.

WTF are they doing with Rick, Coop, and Blake? WTF is going to happen to Cassie now that Josh wants Reva? I guess the more appropriate and most realistic question in regards to Cassie, is who is she going to shack up with next. :shudder:

------

Elsewhere, I agree that the show does need some of the big hitters like Phillip, Ross, Michelle, more Bauers, etc. The show needs more of it's roots or make it more clear, more characters that the show's audience are familiar with. JMHO.

However I gotta say, if they do bring Phillip back, don't make him into some mastermind villian like he was before. Bring back Phillip and the person he was before Ellen Weston and you Mr. Kreizman destroyed him.

• Members

I have noticed every since the announcement of the new writing teams, I have noticed big writing improvements. The other three writers promoted to head writer have been with GL for a long time. Jill Lorie Hurst has been there since 1994, Lloyd Gold since like 1999 or 2000 and Chris Dunn since about 2000/2001. They know alot of GL history. I heard next week Michelle Ray Smith gives a tour de force performance that is her best of her entire run there. It is kind of sad Ava is leaving just as she has improved and they are writing great stuff for her.

• Members

I wish I could be so optimistic. After all, lest we forget, 3 out of the 4 members of this "new" team have already had a chance to prove themselves. They didn't. As a headwriting team, Gold and Dunn penned such "brilliant" stories as the Cassie/Alonzo/Richard triangle, Danny and Michelle's "mission impossible" breaking into Spaulding, complete with harnesses and black clothing, Tony/Marah/Catalina, and "Time Travelling Reva." Then we have Kreizman, who is still a member of the team and has driven the show into the ground over the last four years.

The only bright spot is that Hurst has been there for quite awhile, but who knows, Kreizman was also promoted through the ranks.

As for current GL, I wish I could get excited and start watching again. Let me know in a few months if GL is still improving and watchable. I can't say how many times I have gotten excited only to be let down by this show. I'm not sure it's worth the effort now.

Archived