GL: August Discussion

• Members

I decided to watch today's show.

What's up with the courtroom set? Is that the strangest set-up you have EVER seen or what? The jury sitting right beside the viewers? Huh? :wacko::wacko: And the judge/defense/prosecution all huddled down there together in that little hole?

The outside shot of Reva and "Grace" supposed to be the courthouse?

Anyway - apart from the sets and outdoor scenes - not a whole lot happened today. Cassie's "whoa-is-me" diatribe on the witness stand was ZZZZZ. Was Cyrus actually trying to make Cassie feel sorry for foster-child G? And did anyone else get the impression that she was weakening a little after listening to him for 3 minutes???

Looks like the trial will be over on Monday, according to the previews....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not just you, Soapsuds. The actors look like Oompa Loompas these days. They just need some green wigs, big bushy white eyebrows, and suspenders and they'll be all set.

That courtroom set was such a joke. I could've put something better together in my basement. Or why didn't they just rent a courthouse in Peapack on a Saturday or something?

I still can't believe that this show actually thinks that anyone wants to see that greasy monster get off, his brain-dead moron girlfriend to help him, or the imminent triangle-from-hell between Grady/Daisy/Rafe. Can you even imagine a more hideous or painful story than that?

We always knew that Cassie was a complete and utter dumbass but even I never suspected that she could be swayed to back off from her own daughter's murderer just because his notorious con man of a brother gave her some thirty second sob story. And his sob story wasn't even very good. Cyrus was more convincing when was scamming Alex. Damnit Cassie! She was your child and she was murdered in cold-blood by that sleazy pig who doesn't even give a damn what he did! What is wrong with you?! I was never a Tammy fan and I hated Jammy but I really wish GhostTammy would come back just long enough to throw Grady, Daisy, Jeffrey, and her idiot mother into oncoming traffic. That seems to be the only way she'll get any justice.

The funny thing is that I liked Cyrus alot. I loved him when he first showed up and through last fall. He was great and Bartlett had so much potential as a leading man. But they totally ruined it when they made him Harley's bitch and now Grady's enabler. Now he's a slimy wuss and there is nothing about him to care about or root for. I don't think it's too late to make him interesting again because Bartlett's still a good actor but they need to take Cyrus's balls out of Invisi-Harley's purse, stop making him DingBatDaisy's daddy figure, and get rid of Grady STAT(obviously, for a million reasons).

• Members

Oompa Loompas. :lol:

Yeah, I guess if they can put some green wigs on and bushy white eyebrows, they could look like Oompa Loompas. And Alan Spaulding as Willy Wonka since Ron Raines has got such a good singing voice.

• Members

A few things I need to point out:

-What the [!@#$%^&*] was up with that courtroom set? Can you say worst soap trial ever? Completely anticlimatic. You'd think, with Jammy being such a big deal, that Tammy's murder trial would be a major plot point an attempt to grab viewers and satisfy Jammy fans (but then again DK's speciality is to do the opposite to viewers). However it's the lamest thing I've watched happen on GL yet.

-Ugh the whole situation with Alan and Grady, and how they've duped the law time after time is ridiculous. How can you take the law seriously in Springfield? Everytime Alan gets off it's due to someone he's paid off or in this case someone who he's got under his spell with this vision's of Gus crap. Don't get me started on how Beth has stuck beside him time after time.

Overall I didn't like Friday's episode too much.

• Members

^^^ It's good to see you back posting semi-regular, MichaelGL.

IA the courtroom set was horrid. My sister and I were literally laughing at how pathetic it looked. Really - how could EW or any producer/director on that show start filming this scene and think "WOW! This looks really good!!!!"??? It's beyond comprehension.

When I got my SOD on Saturday, I found out the outcome of the trial and I was PISSED. OMG! And to read the "interview" with Manera/G just pissed me off even more. I don't want to say anything else and spoil it for anyone.....but anyways. I don't even know why this surprised me. Of course it would turn out like this. :angry::(

• Members

^^^^ AddictedToSoaps - You're right. EW/DK always do the exact opposite. And tomorrow I am going to post a snippet of what Kane Manera (G) said in SOD. Believe me, I couldn't believe the trash coming out of this man's mouth regarding his character.

I think HE is the only one so far to buy into EW's "vision" for the character of G/Gillespie/Grady. :blink::blink:

• Members

Which is what, exactly? Let's redo the whole Jonathan/Tammy forbidden love storyline, minus the icky incest, and hope that 'magic' strikes twice? Let's position Grady as the new Jonathan, hated by the whole town but a good guy at heart even though he killed the show's young heroine? Put him on front and center whilst talented vets (barely vets, might I add) like Liz Keifer and Yvonna Wright languish on the backburner?

While I'm all for some of the positive changes Wheeler has made at GL, her vision for the show is seriously skewed. We don't want to see half the characters that are on front and center. GL is the show with the longest and richest history out of any soap, why aren't they utilising that? Where is the struggle? The romance? The family drama? THE BAUERS?

Despite the fact that I have barely any knowledge of GL's rich past except from what I've seen on YouTube, I could probably do a better job than Wheeler and Kreizman.

Archived