GL: August Discussion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like GL has improved over the past couple weeks, but i find it hard to get into the stories because of this new format, i just cant get with it yet and it may also be due to the fact they dont use the old music and are using this dumb music video crap.

• Members

There's no good reason for Grady not to be jail other than Wheeler thinks he's the next Jonathan and he and Daisy the next Jammy but it isn't working. They have no support at all and since he murdered Tammy, the only people who might be receptive to a Pelphrey clone, the Jammy fans, hate him. I can't imagine why she thinks the viewers are dumb enough to like or root for this monster and his pathetic loser girlfriend but since Kane Manera is already in the opening and new cast photos, he's almost certainly under contract, so Grady will no doubt get away with killing Tammy at the end of some lame two-day murder trial. We'll all be expected to forget that he's a drug dealing murderer, just like we're supposed to forget that Jeffrey's a serial rapist and Mallet was a hitman who killed a guy for cash. Manera's a decent actor but Grady is a complete and utter scumbag, irredeemable in the extreme and he can't die soon enough for me. I won't forget what he did and I don't think alot of people will. Cassie should just shoot the bastard. If Tammy had been my daughter, he'd be dead already. And if DingBatDaisy doesn't shut up and stop defending him, she can die with him for all I care.

Marina got the line of the day today, saying to Cyrus that "I'd recommend some sit-ups since they're good for your core, but you don't have one.". Sadly, Marina's totally right here. Cyrus has no core left at this point. What little of it wasn't destroyed by being stuck with Harley has been by tying him to Grady and having him defend him. The writers need to give it back to him if he is ever gonna be a viable character again. At this point, he's not. If they want to keep him, they need to start redeeming him and I mean pronto! I've been defending Cyrus, waiting and hoping against hope that somehow, someway the writers would finely come to their senses and turn him back into the witty, shady but ultimately decent guy that he used to be but ever since the Harley debacle, he's been a podperson, a weenie, and a sleaze of epic proportions. With that pig of a brother hanging around, it's only gotten worse. I can't stand it anymore. If they're gonna keep him as he is now, willing to hurt Marina again after everything he's already done to her just to help that scum-of-the-earth get away with cold-blooded murder, then just get rid of him already. It's a shame that they were dumb enough to ruin a character that once had so much potential and is played by such a good actor but if they can't think of anything better to do with him than this garbage, he'd be better off gone anyway.

Judging from KZ's latest magazine rant, she wants Reva to stay with Jeffrey McRapist so perhaps the excitement over the Jeva scenes was premature. It would be just like GL to have a good month or so, build up some good buzz and even get a few lapsed fans back and then just piss it all away because Wheeler doesn't know [!@#$%^&*] from shinola.

• Members

RVD - Once again, your entire post was right on the money. The Foley brothers are pond scum, pathetic, greasy pieces of trash. I don't know of anyone who gives two shits about these people. But what I quoted above is what I've been saying the last few days. IMHO, GL is now on a downward spiral after about a month of good storytelling.

Alan hired G/Gillespie/Grady/Whatever-the-hell-his-name-is to kill Jonathon, but Tammy pushed him outta the way and G hit her instead.

And you're right - G is a Jonathon clone and I don't think EW has gotten anyone to drink the kool-aid yet.

• Members

Today's show :angry:

Alan: "I have to go. I have more lives to touch" WTF??? :wacko::wacko:

This "story" of Alan talking to Gus is downright p.a.t.h.e.t.i.c. Can't they think of anything else for him to do? Shouldn't he be trying to get back Spaulding Enterprises by now?!?!

It was great to see BC/Beth again. Really, this show still has so many great actresses - BC, MK, GT, YW - that they are not using. They have lost 5 contract players so far this year, you would think they would move BC or MK into a front and center SL. But NOOOOOOOOO. We have to see G/Gillespie/Grady/Grease Head on our show everyday. Yeah. That's much better than my idea.... :blink::blink:

• Members

You didn't miss much, piston. I'm wondering if I should even waste my time today. The show starts here in about 45 mins...

LOL Elsa. They have improved somewhat with the filming and lighting. But everything else is off. They have to ditch this horrible rock/pop music and get back to filming the characters with dramatic effect. Telling someone that the baby is his while the camera is out of the room, peering through the window, does nothing for the drama. NADA.

Archived