GL: August Discussion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been watching. I honestly don't know why. I think it might be that whole "can't look away from a car wreck and the worse it is the more mesmerizing it becomes" thing or maybe I'm just too much a creature of habit but all I can say to those who aren't watching is that all you're missing is the nausea and pounding headache that besieges you when you try to sit through a whole episode.

Everything is so terrible, I have to wonder how the PR department is gonna try to advertise the stories coming this fall?

Quick, turn on the light, Guiding Light!

Because nothing's hotter than an unrepentant cold-blooded killer-for-hire with a greasy ponytail screwing some whiny, brain-dead, self-esteem-free idiot who committed perjury to get her own cousin's murderer off the hook so she could have sleazy quickies with him in her loser ex-boyfriend's house!

Not your cup of tea? Well then you can look forward to seeing Reva get knocked up (despite being 53 years-old, past menopause, and following both chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant for cancer!) by and marry her own sister's rapist!

Still not interested. Well we've got Bill being a prick and stringing Lizzie along and treating her like dirt for the 12,458th time!

Like romance? Well, we don't have any of that but we do have Marina boinking her own Lurch look-a-like godfather in a motel room that makes a single at Motel 6 look like Buckingham Palace while Cyrus and Cassie whore their way across town!

So quick, turn on the light, Guiding Light! :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm a few days behind. Is Reva really going to be pregnant? I HOPE it's just a scare.

Slightly off topic, but I'm watching AMC on Soapnet right now. I HOPE Beth Ehlers and RPG left GL to go to AMC for more money because all they are doing on AMC is playing Gus/Harley. Same characters, different show.

• Members

I flipped to GL and the first thing I saw was that disgusting creepysleezyGrady...with a greasy ponytail (wtf??) all over poor stupid Daisy. Eeeew...let me tell you I did not linger and kept on flipping...watched a few minutes of DOOL & then fewer still of GH. Between those three soaps on at the same time, wouldn't you think there would be something worth watching??

I did catch the Reva/Jeffrey/Josh parts and they were mildly interesting..the rest of GL- not one story line I really care about. Used to enjoy Bill & Lizzie but they ruined that just like everything else ont hat show....Mallet & Marina....eeew. In fact, I think this show has the highest "EEEW" factor of any of them right now. How sad is that.

(Oh no...Reva pregnant? I thought it was the cancer scare.)

• Members

A bit off topic, but I urge you classic GL fans to visit the clips forum. Dan posted some explosive Roger/Holly scenes from 1993, during Nancy Curlee's HW tenure. Watching those clips just made me miss the real GL even more...

The biggest thanks should go to our dear RoseVioletDaisy, who was kind enough to post those clips on youtube. You rock, and I'm glad I got a chance to rewatch those scenes again! :)

Archived