EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

So, today's episode...

The Pat/Peggy stuff wasn't bad, this has all been done before, but it was nice to see them talking seriously and with no woeful "comedy." Harvey is atrocious and the mugging he gets up to is just shockingly awful. The only part of those scenes I liked was when Pat realized he had given her cheap earrings -- Pam St. Clement did a great job showing how worthless Pat felt.

It was nice to see Dot, Patrick, and pointless Liz brought into the story about Liam. Dot was great, although I think her reading the obituaries for fun was a bit out of character. I wish Carol didn't always have to be so serious but I'm glad she made an effort for Liam and that they had Bianca lash out only to realize Carol was right. It was nice to see Ricky being written as a more mature person, and it was also nice to see Ricky and Bianca having fun at the start of the episode. Most of the time their scenes amount to a) Bianca is angry and b ) Bianca hurls abuse at Ricky.

Billie makes my skin crawl. He behaves like a brat even though he is too old to act this way. Everything about him just puts me off, especially when he has that damn smug look or that damn pout on his face. The way he undermined the attempt to help Liam was disgusting and showed again how immature he is. Do you get the feeling that the show thinks this is cute?

The teens were mostly pointless. I thought Melissa Suffield was VERY good in those emotional scenes with Leon by the fire. The rest of the stuff was just tired and wooden. Is anyone else still kind of disturbed, for lack of a better word, with seeing people who look so much older than teenagers passed off as teenagers? They dress Leon like a sitcom father (having a spotty face doesn't automatically mean you're a teenager) and Zsa Zsa looks like a middle-aged mother trying to recapture her youth. I can't stand listening to her fake accent. Ugh ugh ugh. The only thing worse is Whitney whimpering about Billie.

Fatboy is less annoying, although he also looks too old for this nonsense. I'm glad Mercy is back, hopefully she can provide some sort of balance.

That fight and the cliffhanger was just amateurish. Was that a 30 year old man who was beating up Peter for making a pass at his girlfriend? Peter looks so much younger than most of the other "teens" it is just awkward. And then the bit where we were supposed to think Peter ran Leon over? If only! Janine can give him some lessons in making that stick.

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Monday June 7th credits

Writer - Matt Evans

Director - Peter Rose

Executive Producer - Diederick Santer

Executive Producer - Bryan Kirkwood

Tuesday June 8th credits

Writer - Paul Mari

Director - Peter Rose

Executive Producer - Diederick Santer

Executive Producer - Bryan Kirkwood

• Members

The BBC's wording regarding the Melissa Suffield exit is kind of strange. They mention she's leaving, but no mention of Lucy being written out, even with the "Lucy's Leaving" title for the news release.

I wonder if they'll immediately recast the role...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/100601-melissa-suffield.shtml

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner