EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They don't really have anything for Bianca to do either. They are just in a holding pattern. I think the only reason they had Carol come back was as a nod for the anniversary, and to introduce Billie, who, judging by the way he has been forced on viewers, they probably thought was going to be a great star. I would love to see them do more with Carol but I'm not counting on it. At least there is a little depth in her back and forth with Bianca and it's nice to see them moving beyond Bianca shrieking at Ricky.

Really they don't seem to have anything for anyone to do on the show. Never have I seen a show that just takes months and months of the year off the way Santer's EE did.

You watched the January 2004 Scotland stuff with the teens right? Did you think that was better or worse than this? I thought it was better, even if I wouldn't have minded seeing Gus and Tariq go up in flames.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I thought the Pat and Peggy location stuff around London was fun, and it's nice when they go on location around London, they need to do it more often.

The teens sucked as usual.

I guess you can tell the show is in the process of winding down from Santer's era to a handover period. Everything just feels like filler until the next regime officially begins.

I wonder what they have planned for Carol, Bianca, and Ricky in the future. I wonder if Kirkwood sees potential in these characters and will be fleshing them out better this time around.

With the hiring of a new deputy storyliner and Dominic Treadwell-Collins' role being more limited, I wonder if the way stories are told and the types of stories told will be different. I would guess so.

I thought it was just as bad from what I've seen. I also hated all those characters. I hated Kareena and Tariq, as well as the rest of the Ferreira family.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I sort of liked Ash and Kareena -- I thought there was something natural about her, when she wasn't crying or whining. I thought Ash had the potential to be a good character and also something different for Eastenders.

I really wonder if they will come up with a story for Carol or not. Or just keep her this way until she goes. She's kind of like Frankie Osborne at the moment, or what Kirkwood turned Frankie into, so he may like her this way. I just wish more recent viewers got the chance to see what she can be. I love Carol so I can give her a break but if I didn't know who she was I'd probably be bored with her or see her as an interfering drag.

I think they should have some man Carol knew when she was a teenager, before she met David, come to town and sweep her off her feet. That would let her have some romance and fun and may also cause a reaction in Bianca, since David and Carol were never together, at least not when she was growing up.

The Pat and Peggy stuff was fun, I agree. I think if not for all the silly stuff already with this story I would have enjoyed today's more but it was better than I expected, the little moments like sneaking through the kitchen. I just hate Harvey. The actor is a horrible ham. He seems like something Anita Turner would have put on Emmerdale.

Do you think this new person may be in to help with the pacing? The pacing has been such an issue for a while now, and it flared up again with Peggy returning after being absent for all of the story with Ben and Phil and Jordan and Lucas, with just a casual comment from Ian that Ben doesn't want to see Peggy. I know some of this may be down to budget but it's jarring.

• Members

She needs to get laid, she needs someone to bring out some fun and vulnerable side to her again.

I think this is Harvey's last week on the show..

Didn't Pat and Peggy discuss the Ben situation at the Vic yesterday, too? With Peggy saying she can't leave Phil and Ben alone again or something.

With the pacing, I guess it depends on what Kirkwood or Yorke want overall. There's bound to be some changes in the way stories are told with the change in producers and a new deputy storyliner coming on...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

They discussed Ben and Phil, Peggy said maybe Ben was better off with Ian and Pat told her not to talk that way, not to be depressed.

The pacing issues aren't new for the show, they started around 2008 or so, which is why I wondered if it was down to budget cuts. I just think Peggy's absence from this story has been a bit odd.

• Members

I didn't think Adi was that bad but they spent so much time making him look weak it became kind of depressing. I guess that was to set up what was going to happen, or never happened.

That Sasha Perkins woman, she was initially just supposed to be his friend, wasn't she, and then when they decided not to make him gay, suddenly they had them get involved?

The only two I didn't like were Ronnie and Tariq...which was apparently why Berridge decided to center the Ferriera stories around them after the father was deported.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Apparently Emer Keeney who plays zsa zsa was not axed by Bryan Kirkwood, but asked to be written out.

From inside soap and walford web

Of Kenny’s departure, executive producer Bryan Kirkwood has confirmed that ‘it was Emer’s decision to leave in order to concentrate on her university studies.’ He went on to say that ‘she will continue as a writer on the second series of E20, and we’d love to see her in the main show again at some point in the future.’

Edited by dannigold

• Members

oh well that`s good. Glad that is the case because now we know that Zsa Zsa was seen as potential in Kirkwood`s eyes. I hope she can return for E:20 Series 2 and maybe guest appearances.

Her Exit? She will go off to Spain to her mum.