EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Given that he was only ever a fill-in for Johnny and the show never bothered to build up his relationship with Ben, I tend to assume he'll leave. God knows we can't have too many gays on at one time...I hate that type of writing. Johnny/Ben did not work for me at all the first time and I'm not sure why Johnny would be any more interested this time around. 

I read that disgusting spoiler about

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@DRW50 Please! No! Not my Denise! :unsure: I swear TPTB hate her! They have to, to keep doing stuff like this to her. 

That aside, I am stunned that Linzi is actually underage, but why am I not surprised? I feel like this is just a set up so that it'll be acceptable down the road for Jay to pursue Louise, who they are grooming him for obviously. :rolleyes: I just hope that those scantily clad texts don't come back to bite Jay and they peg him as some sexual offender. But this is EE, so....<_<

I thought that Tamwar sulking over Nancy leaving for Italy was so stupid. It's like a 2hr plane ride if he chose not to go with her. I found it so stupid he'd even be mad given how depressed she's been as of late. Linda trying to keep her in Walford was sickening to me too. She should be glad that her daughter wants to go off and spread her wings. Why have her stick around when Mick (after supposedly forgiving her) is still acting strange? 

Sharon feeling upset over no longer being in the Mitchell fold was stupid too. She should be grateful and could still maintain a relationship with the boys w/o being in the fold/married to Phil. DTC does not get the essence of Sharon at all. 

• Members

Linda is a control freak. They ignored this during the endless rape story but it seems to be back now. I can understand Tamwar, since, as he mentioned, he never stopped Afia from leaving, and their relationship ended (I was shocked the show even remembered her).

Sadly I think they probably see this with Denise as some type of honor. I imagine Shirley will fume. Ugh. 

I just hope this isn't an exit story for Jay. I have an awful feeling. If he goes to prison and never returns for this while the Mitchells stay around free after years of thuggery and murder, I will quit watching.

• Members

I hope it isn't an exit for Jay either but I don't see him coming from this story unscathed. Not after she sent him those texts of her in her skivvies earlier. When it comes to the Mitchell clan, I don't think we'll ever be rid of them unless Steve McFadden leaves and the young Mitchells leave the show to pursue other things. I think we are stuck with them for the long haul. 

I am surprised they remember Afia too. Honestly, I would've preferred Tamwar reunite with her as they were a more believable pairing. I've never believed Nancy and Tamwar. I just haven't. 

With Denise.... *sighs heavily* I am so pissed this is about to occur. So pissed.

• Members

I have to admit I've always liked Nancy with Tamwar, but you definitely aren't alone in your opinion of them! I'm really going to miss him. Nancy I'm more mixed on.

I keep forgetting that Phil unwittingly killed Denise's husband Kevin. I wonder if the show even remembers. Then again if Sharon is any indication, that means it's time to get married.

• Members

I'm OK with Tamwar going as no one has really invested in him. Not long enough. He'd have an arc but it was nothing that catapulted him to where I felt he should've been--the forefront. I do think that it is time for Zainab to return. Syed too. I wouldn't mind Shabnam returning too with a new actress or the original if they have to. 

I was thinking about the Kevin incident too but as you said, Phil killing these women's exes and then boinking them is all part of the game. :rolleyes: I just don't know what sane writer would think this was cute either time. Especially, when both men were these ladies true loves. I would find it more interesting if Sharon and Denise banned together and killed Phil's ass. Not lusting after him. 

• Members

Nina said she'd come back but they don't seem to care. Marc Elliot is now on Holby City, apparently playing a gay or bi character. 

If Phil has to be with anyone I'd just bring Kate back. She was literally the only woman I've ever liked him with.

Beyond that, bring Lisa back to put a cap in his ass and take 30 year old Louise away.

• Members

I didn’t watch yesterday’s show as I can’t take the Jay story for now, and I read that I missed a lot of Zainab bashing, more character trashing, and inexplicable claims that she is marrying Pakistan’s version of Trump and wants her children at the wedding (even though DTC previously claimed she didn’t give a damn about her children).

Glad I listened to my instincts. 

I have no time for Zainab hate and whatever weird issue DTC has with her or with Nina.

• Members

I'm expecting you not to agree, Carl, but I do think Lizi/Star being revealed as 14 sort of validates the casting of Tilly Keeper as a 14 year old to an extent. 14 year olds these days look a variety of ages.

Amy-Leigh Hickman (Lizi/Star) reminded me more than ever tonight that she looks exactly like a teen version of Ishia Bennison, who played Guizin Osman in the early years.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

They can look a variety of ages, but when you have someone who looks 25+ being called a child, it just throws you out of scenes. It doesn't help that she seems to just smirk and pout vapidly through all her scenes. 

The girl who plays Linzi should have been cast as Louise, IMO.

• Members

Dear God they've reduced Masood to a clingy loser. I cringed at the scene where he bought the tickets for him, Tamwar, and Nancy after he gave Tamwar the green light to go with Nancy to Italy while he took a private vacation to Thailand. 

I'm over Carmel. She's becoming a mopey sap like Kush. I hate how Denise had to but in to rectify her and Mason's issues, which are stupid by the way. 

Sharon moping about because she's officially no longer part of the Mitchell clan is even more pathetic. Can they please put this woman back in charge of The Vic and call it a day? 

I'm grossed out with how they have Louise preying after Jay. Bad enough, he was tricked by Linzi. I just don't see this ending well for Jay.