EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Strangely, I was able to see a lot of the 1998 episodes on PBS, but didn't get a chance to catch most of the 1999 episodes (until the material that came towards the end of 1999). It's always felt weird to me since I've seen most of 1998 and 2000. 

Does anyone know/remember when exactly Charlie Brooks joined as Janine in 1999? I know she arrived after Frank and Peggy were married (and I loved how disgusting she was towards Peggy).

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I agree about Jamie Borthwick probably not having much of a shot at working steadily on US TV and/or in feature films. As much as I don't like Jacqueline Jossa I always thought she had "the look" and could see her on some youth-oriented shows for The CW like Reign or The 100. 

I think Rakhee Thakrar has the biggest future ahead of her in the US, if that's where she wants to go.

• Members

What a ham that Claudette actress is. Yelling her lines all the time. Her son isn't much better. Some of it was painful to watch. I don't know who I hate more, Babe or Claudette. Well I guess Claudette is somewhat entertaining with the overacting, Babe is just rotten.
Then you have Mick throwing a tantrum over his kids.
One thing I'll say is that the Jordan actor seems like a fine addition so far.
I personally find the Stacey storyline to be the best part of the show at the moment so I hope it's returning this week. The nurses and the doctor have all been well portrayed. I wish they'd show us more of Stacey's stay in psychiatric units and her getting better which could make for a good story but they focus on Arthur and Martin (whom I really like now that being said).

• Members

Ellen Thomas (Claudette) is painful at times but I do think that she is a decent actress. I do think that she hammed it up a bit in her performance. I think that the story is more painful than the acting b/c it retcons so much of EE's history. Now I guess we can assume that Vincent might Phil, Sam, and Grant's half-brother from the fact that Claudette used to screw Eric on the side. It's obvious that DTC is about to go that route. :rolleyes:

Jordan/Denise are the only saving grace to EE at this moment; however, I don't like how Jordan is all for running off with Lucas. Not after he killed his mother and numerous others. I did enjoy Denise putting her foot down and refusing to allow Jordan to take JJ with him if he was to go. 

The Carters drama....:rolleyes: I can't say it enough but I really don't care about Nancy, Mick, Linda, Oliver, etc. I hate this family running the Queen Vic and I want their asses gone. Lee is the only one I like. The rest can go. 

• Members

Vincent might be Phil's half-brother? A Livergate storyline with Vincent as the potential donor? Oy.

I agree that Ellen Thomas is a decent actress 100% defeated by the material she was handed. Claudette's tits do deserve a BAFTA, though.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I can't with EE tonight. It was just abysmal. 

DTC recycle the same story twice in one day. First, Gavin was left in the basement to be buried and he got up and escaped. Now Claudette does the same. Yep, it's time for DTC to go. 

I don't like how they had Jordan reacting tonight too. Thank God for Joivan and Diane b/c they held the climax of this story together. 

Ronnie rushing to stop Jack's supposed wedding to find out it isn't his was stupid too. I just don't give a damn about Jack/Ronnie. Never have. Never will. Also, if Honey was brought back to be Jack/Ronnie's cheerleader then she can leave the Square again. I always preferred Billy with Lil Mo anyways. Honey was always f-cking annoying to me. 

• Members

I don't think Jordan or Lucas ever needed to be brought back for Denise have a story. To me, it showed how unimaginative and regressive DTC and company are given that the last time he was on the show with Santer (and the beginning of Kirkwood's tenure), it was the Lucas storyline that was going on. 

Poor Diane Parish has to carry a number of really poor actors that are really not worth her time. I think they need to move Denise into a more community-based role, they've failed her tremendously with the characters they have surrounding her. For some reason, her family dynamics have never worked nor have they been allowed to work due to poor writing and bad actors/or actors not on her level.  

Edited by BetterForgotten