EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

OMG! Looks like Nick Berry might be returning as Simon! It might be just for Pat's exit only, but I'll take what I can get.

There's also speculation that Michael French is returning as David! Great news!

All I wish for now is Diane, Sharon, and Natalie making an appearance for Pat's send-off. That's probably doubtful though...

http://www.thesun.co...EastEnders.html

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bianca will be back in time for Christmas and for Pat's death according to the original Daily Star article.

I've heard that Sophie Lawrence has never wanted to return full-time as Diane, but who knows, maybe they can work on persuading her.

I hope there's at least a mention of Sharon and Natalie. As Pat was very close to both of them at various points.

Michael French is tricky, I've heard he and Lindsey Coulson had some big falling out...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

The Michael French/Lindsay Coulson stuff is...a soap of its own. I don't know how much is tabloid trash - probably most of it - but those 1996 tabloid articles are just a mess.

It usually depends on how long they've been in the cast. 20, 25 years can be punishing.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Oooh, Matthew's revenge on Steve from 2000 is up.

I always wondered why Matthew Robinson did the credits on the show the way he did by listing the writer and producer at the beginning of each episode, and the moving credits at the end. No other producer kept this format.

Anyway, I always had a soft spot for the Matthew Rose character, and I thought this was a great one-off appearance to come back and get a quick revenge on Steve. Loved seeing hammy-ass Martin Kemp reduced to tears. Tom Hooper, who won the Best Director Oscar this year, directed this episode too.

Teresa di Marco rolleyes.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cYOyR0a21tQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/52_HvOEf5Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R36t2Z2yYXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I loved how Matthew just mindfucked Steve, it was such a cleaver means of getting back his "power."

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I haven't seen any of this week's episodes, and was about to watch on iPlayer, but was immediately put off when I read in the description for Monday's episode that Michael was concocting a plan. mad.gif

I can't stand his character. I'm just sick of all these stupid villains twirling their moustaches, I know he's meant to have more deapth than that but I have no interest in any of the Moons, bar Anthony. So I just don't give a dam. Would you reccommend I watch this week's episodes?

I know many dislike Heather, but given a bit of a effort I think she could have stayed. The writers just ruined her. I feel bad for Cheryl Ferguson as she is a good interest. I think Kirkwood is ruining the show. He makes rash decisions with little thought to the long-term.

• Members

Bad long-term planning has haunted Eastenders for years. Kirkwood isn't great in that area but I think Santer was worse (he's the one who really ruined Heather - the endless cycle of fat jokes and the George story). Kirkwood just doesn't seem to have any strong plans and the show ends up seeming choppy. There's also the continued problem of poor new characters.

• Members

I know what you mean, AMS. I've just had an argument with someone on DS for saying that Neighbours should be axed, while EE has complex characters like Yusef and Michael :rolleyes:

What did people think of the Millers? I just watched a clip of Darren on YouTube, they were introduced when the show was going through a rough time, did they deserve the stick they got? I seem to remember Rosie and Demi having some pretty great scenes :)

• Members

Michael and Yusef actually are fairly complicated - but that doesn't mean Neighbours should be axed. Neighbours has had many complex characters over the years. It's silly talk.

I liked Mickey, although many didn't. I never liked the father. Many feel that the family was destroyed due to the firings of the women who played Demi and Rosie - apparently Rosie went because of some personal troubles with the actress.

Darren is good as a comedy supporting character, especially with Max and Tamwar. I will miss that.