EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for the video, YRWorldTurner. I can't say I'm overly looking forward to 'Branning week'. It looks like they're setting Derek up in competition with Phil, which instantly puts me off the storyline. The Branning brothers are a farce. Sperminator Jack should have been axed long ago yet they kep him in the show, he's just awful and serves no purpose.

And Derek looks like the sort of character the show really does not need right now. At the moment we have the awful Michael Moon, Janine, who's a great villain but being misused at the moment, Yusef, et al...

I was glad when I heard that they were bringing back Derek, I just think it's a shame he's this gangster type. Carol is brilliant, and Lynsey Coulson deserves more from the show than this.

I'm glad to hear that Lucy's finally been re-cast. I think the Lauren and Ben re-casts have worked well.

• Members

He's great in these. I loved the one he did with Nina when they were in Saturday Night Fever. And the jazz hands and fawning when Michelle and Alfie were singing in Eastend Street or whatever it was called.

Rita Symons has a better voice than I realized.

• Members

It's a bit behind, but I'd like to hear anyone's feedback.

I really enjoyed Zoe Lucker's Vanessa Gold and was wondering if anyone else thought her exit fabulous? Broke, alone, dumped on the side of the wet road with the police looking for her. I thought Zoe was tremendous on EastEnders and would love to see her back, I can tell you I think she'd be the best landlady for the Queen Vic, I'm not feeling the Moons at all in that role.

And lest we forget Vanessa's greatest scene...Bubbly's in the fridge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4bu4QqgHc

I dare say that with Peggy gone, Pat exiting...Albert Square needs a ballsy blond. Vanessa could be it!

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

I never understood what happened with Vanessa. They had a real chance with her, but it never went anywhere. The same happened with Glenda. I guess at least she never ended up with Phil.

I did like the last second where she tried to get her dignity together, and walked down the road.

It's funny because people often say the women on Eastenders are too dominant and the men are too weak. While the men may be weak, the women aren't too strong these days either.

• Members

Anything rather than the atrocious Max/Tanya pairing. I've still no idea why they went down that road again!

P.s. That video made me realise how much I love the current cast! Who was missing?: Tanya, Janine, Phil, Ben...?

Edited by Edward Skylover