EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Surprisingly, this is Sharon's only Julia's Theme moment (to the Jazzy version of Julia's Theme).

It's from the 1993 episodes where Sharon, Grant, Pat, Frank, Kathy and Phil go to France.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uWLLyvq4Z1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yeah, and it looks like Pat's Revealed episode will be just 30 mins, but unlike other Revealed episodes, it won't go off on unrelated tangents, it will focus exclusively on Pat.

That Pat/Janine scene in that trailer makes me a bit emotional. sad.png

I'm glad they appear to patch things up before Pat's death. Good to see David back, but Pat asking for him over Simon? She always seemed closer to Simon, at least in recent years.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I'm much more affected by Pat dying than any other departure ever! Glad EastEnders didn't kill off Peggy -- they have killed off Kathy, Pete, Pat, Arthur, Mark, Pauline (before Wendy Richard died) -- all core characters who could have come back later.

Glad David Wicks is returning. I wish it was for good -- he was compelling, and he actually has a lot of connection to the characters on the show still.

I wish I could still watch EastEnders!

Keeping up on synopses, there are some moments that seem brilliant (love how they brought up Frank and Phil torching the car lot) and others that seem dumb with the show right now (Ricky and Mandy?; Ben turning out to be Phil's stalker; Lola being pregnant), but that's EastEnders for you.

Edited by jfung79

• Members

I think in the main, it has been terrible. It' all just so predictable. If they'd done something like kill off Tamwar, then it would have been gripping. But you just knew that Yusef would be the one to die so it rendered everything else pointless, really.

I'm looking forward to Pat's exit although it does surprise me how people say how much of a legend she is etc etc when she's only really been a supporting character for the best part of ten years.

Everything comes across as very gimmicky at the moment. Hopefully things will improve in the new year but I won't get my hopes up!