EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for the info on Donna, Carl. She sounds like a fascinating character. I'll have to somehow find episodes from that era to watch. I've got a fair few eps stored from when UK Gold did those 'specials' weekends. In fact I'm going to go and dig them out, maybe I'll post in here what eps I've saved to DVD. I think I'm going to watch the eps where Phil tells Kate what happened with Lisa in Spain(?). I don't think Lisa was an amazing character, but Lucy Benjamin has done some of the most brilliant performances in the history of the show IMO. I just read that Louisa Berridge axed her in 2002 which surprises me. What do you think of Lisa, Carl? Who do you rate out of the current cast?

I think it's a shame that Zoe Slater has been totally forgotte about. I know hey mention her every so often, but have they actually confirmed what happened to her? I woudn't want the original actress to return in the role as I don't think she was a good actress but I wouldn't be against a recast. In fact, I think it would give Kat's character some much needed purpose in the show, it somehow doesn't feel right her being surrounded totally by Moons and Mo and Jean don't seem to work as her only relatives. I think it was a mistake to get rid of Charlie, as I'd much prefer him in a patriarchal role than the wooden Eddie.

I really think Chrissie should return at some point in the future. I know shewas in it during one of its slump periods, but many have mentioned thst she was EastEnders in 2005 and I tend to agree. The only problem being she has no connections in Albert Square anymore. If they eve bringback Sharon on a permanent basis, Chrissie should return too. I think it would be good to see her out of jail and trying to redeem herself. Going to see Kat/Sharon/Zoe/Sam to make amends. Tracy Ann Oberman is fantastic though one of the less likely candidates for a return.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have no desire to see Zoe again but I do wish they'd mention her more often.

There has always been some doubt about whether Zoe ran away from the law but some have said that she knew she wasn't going to be in trouble when she left.

I like Lucy Benjamin as an actress but Lisa was such a depressing, joyless character - the prime example of how Phil destroys women. I also hated the way she treated Mark. Looking back the only reason I tolerated her was because I really hated Phil and Mel.

• Members

The show was mostly horrible this week. Between I must have crabs Lola, Tyler's "anger" and Essex barely there "performance", it was hard to get through. Antony seems like he could be likable though, but I could only be thinking that because the rest of them are so terrible.

• Members

I have to agree, Amello. Thursday and Friday in particular were excruciating. I kept looking at my watch wondering when it would finish.

I'm happy to give the Moons a chance, but I just don't think they're going to work. Michael doesn't work as a complex character, Tyler just seems like an immature moron and Eddie is as wooden as Ned from Neighbours. I agree that Anthony could be the only one with potential, but have to agree too that I could just be thinking that because the others are bad. What was with Angry Julie as well storming all around the place..?

Edited by Edward Skylover

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.people.co...02039-23377238/

I don't know what to make of this, as I thought Zoe left at the right time and was the most annoying of the original Slater's. But I could see how it could probably help Kat's character to have Zoe around, but at the same time, did Zoe ever really leave much of an impact on the show after the Kat/Zoe reveal? She seemed to have a lot of screentime, while be absolutely useless at the same time.

But she was always good with the sisters in a supporting role, especially with Kat. Zoe's love life on the other hand? Not so much...

Not to mention, Michelle has always said she would never return and how she wanted to move on in every interview. Then again, so did Patsy Palmer, and we saw what happened there...

I wonder if this is even true...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Well if they directly quoted her I guess it must be true? Would they make up quotes like that? I don't know their history. A Christmas special would make sense, if they could have her there long enough to talk with Kat about what's happened in their lives since the last time they saw each other, and if Zoe feels annoyed that Kat now has another child, if Kat sees this as starting over.

I guess something needs to be done with Kat

Some would say Zoe had a big role in Den's downfall, although she was forgettable in it, as usual.

• Members

I'd much rather Lynne or Belinda, both of whom were very underused when compared to Little Mo, Kat, and Zoe. But I guess Zoe serves the most purpose given that Kat is the only original Slater on at the moment.

Here's a new BBC promo, focusing mainly on Amira's return:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TW2wn617mfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Seeing as no-one has mentioned it, Michelle Ryan will not be returning. There's a story on DS about it for those that want a link.

I don't think she's needed at all. It would be nice if they remembered that Kat has already had a daughter, as they do play it like she's never had a child before.

• Members

I don't necessarily want her back, but I think they could recast the role if need be.

They'll never do it though, as the Kat/Zoe reveal is so iconic now and was the show's defining moment in the 00's. but that moment was all Zoe ever really had in her. She's one character that had a lot of airtime, but was useless for most of it.