EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The actor that played Jake quit during Kate Harwood's tenure in charge, right? Very little she did made much sense.

I'd love to see Chrissie again, but I don't think she'll ever come back and there's nothing really left for her in Walford anyway. I always thought Chrissie was the best thing about Den's return...

• Members

I think that there's always a chance for Chrissie if Sharon ever returns. I think Kirkwood would love to have Chrissie on his show, she's very much his type of character.

Yeah Jake left when Harwood was there. That was all the Johnny Allen stuff and Ruby and bleh.

• Members

That's right, didn't Chrissie swear revenge on Sharon for sending her to prison?

Whatever problems the show has with Letitia Dean, they need to sort it out. There's no reason why Sharon shouldn't still be on the show. Did you know that when Letitia left in 2005, it was only supposed to be an extended break, according to a BBC spokesperson? She never came back...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4148146.stm

I know that Letitia has said in interviews that she's very open to returning too. Though, Kirkwood's said after Kat and Alfie return, he doesn't want to do another return for at least a year, which I think is wise.

• Members

Letitia's been working consistently in musical theater for a few years now but I'm sure she'd be happy to return if the story is there. With Ronnie and Roxy probably past their peak years and with Phil losing so much else in his life I think it's probably a good time, sometime in the next two years.

I always wonder if that "it's just a break" thing is genuine or a way to help ease fans into accepting a longtime departure. I think Natalie Cassidy said the same thing, and Leah Bracknell (Zoe Tate on Emmerdale).

When Ben returns, I wish they'd do a story where Ben still loves musical theater and dancing, and actually is straight, and Phil becomes a bit of a father figure to a young man who is very macho and can defend himself and is very confident, and who is gay.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Denise/Lucas is gripping although I think the story itself is kind of stupid. The acting is top notch which makes the drama. I can't wait for Thursday. I predicted those high ratings so I'm not surprised that people are loving it as I am.

I love the Max/Darren comedy. I couldn't stop laughing. It is a good start to setting up Darren as Max's surrogate son and an unofficial Branning. Darren has no family left in the Square. Max was a crap father to Bradley so he can redeem himself by being a good father to Darren. I hope Abi's crush on Darren goes nowhere.

These producers have got to stop making excuses. Walford will always need Sharon. Letitia should be asked back and parked in the Vic where she belongs.

Ugh. I didn't realize that Kat and Alfie were coming back for a long stint. I never liked them though I know they were popular. .

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

The Cast interest me. If i compare my interest from Series 1 , i would say i was more interested in Series 1`s Cast than Series 2. I do like that they are bringing in A New Brother Duo. Exactly what we need. Sadly the two girls aren`t as hot as the lovely Zsa Zsa from January.

OH

ROXANNE MCKEE COMING TO EASTENDERS HAS MADE MY DAY. Dream come true this is. I know its ok a guest appearance (New BBC 3 Drama she is in) but hopefully she can become a regular. That would be awesome.

• Members

It doesn't sound like this new cast will be transitioning to the main show, which is something Santer made clear when the first series started.

And no thanks, I don't need to see Roxanne McKee on the main show. Awful actress with nothing but looks.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner