EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Billie was put in the brig for not showing up for duty on time. :lol:

I don't think we'll see Todd again but it would be nice. I just wonder what they will do with Whitney. Her character was damaged quite a bit early this year and then she just vanished. She's very easily dispensable. It's kind of ironic...she was brought in as the new Stacey. So was Zsa Zsa. And now you rarely see them OR Stacey.

• Members

I would prefer that Kirkwood build on the families or characters already in the Square than bring in a completely new family. Male relatives of the Masoods, Beales, even a male Wicks can show up. Denise's sisters are going to need love interests so Mercy or Fatboy can have an older brother. Patrick can also have a nephew come to stay.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Every producer seems to bring in a new family, so I think we'll be getting one sooner or later.

John Yorke brought in the Slater's.

Louise Berrdige brought in the Ferreira's.

Kate Harwood brought in the new Branning's.

Diederick Santer brought in the Masood's.

The question is, what kind of family will Kirkwood bring in?

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I can never remember if she or Yorke brought the Moons in...

I know Kirkwood brought in a lot of Hollyoaks families (McQueens, Valentines, Roys), but then that was a less established cast at the time, lots of big names leaving.

I still wish they'd bite the bullet and recast Simon, recast Steven too, bring them both back. It would also be more for Pat to do. Kirkwood seems to be opening Pat up more across the canvas, so I'd like to see that continue.

• Members

Alfie was planned when Yorke was still there, but he made his debut when Berridge was credited and she made him a focal point of the show and brought in family for him.

I don't know if they'll ever bring the Wickes back, maybe they can bring David back for Carol?

Steven was so badly damaged during his last return, I wonder if they would even try there.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I wish they would breathe some new life into the Beale family even if Steven doesn't return. Kenny Beale hasn't been seen in over 20 years, even though he was, in the mid/late 80s, a very important character, talked about a lot, and his arrival was also fairly momentous (you had scenes of various characters like Pete and Pat checking their watches). The actor who played him has passed away but the role can easily be recast. He also has a daughter, Elizabeth, who was a bit wild and brash. She could fit into Walford (she knew Ian fairly well) and she might have children who would be in their mid or late teens.

There's also Harry Beale, Lou's oldest son, who was rarely mentioned, as he was estranged from the family due to being a serious alcoholic who used to stop by the house and cause scenes. He might be dead, who knows, but he could have kids or grandkids.

• Members

This was another good episode.

I enjoyed Max chopping the end off the cucumber and telling Darren that he was going too far for Jodi.

Chelsea and Libby made me chuckle talking about calling the police when Denise brings home a man.

Carol saying that Ricky doesn't know if to kiss her or take Bianca for a walk was so true and funny at the same time

Poor Patrick. He was so sweet and adorable with Jordan only to hear Chelsea reject their family.

Peggy and Pat destroying the pub was so childish that I couldn't find the humor.

Good on for Louise trying to get away from her crazy Mitchell relatives.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Today's episode seemed like one of those episodes that's smacked in the middle of a big transitional period for the show. Nothing really happened, but there was some new stuff.

Max and Darren were hilarious again, especially when Max sliced the top out of that cucumber. :lol:

I can understand completely why Ricky doesn't want to have sex with a shrew like Bianca. The Bianca, Whitney, and Carol scenes were funny, and it looks like they're setting up Carol getting a new love interest too, when Bianca brought up how long its been since Carol had a man.

Vanessa definitely has OCD, especially with the way she properly folded her clothes when she thought she was going to have sex with Max.

The Pat and Peggy destroying the Vic stuff was cheesy and a bit unnecessary, but I did laugh a few times.

I can see why Peggy would be hurt that Roxy wants to sell that place knowing how much it means to Peggy.

This episode also seemed to be set-up for Lisa's one-off return on Thursday.

Loved Zainab going over to help clean Patrick's house.

The Jordan and Patrick scenes were really good, it helped that the actor playing Jordan didn't do very much in them.

I guess Chelsea, Libby, and Liz will all go off to Spain together, and that will be their exit.

• Members

I had some dream where Donna called Kathy up to apologize and then kept on talking and talking and Kathy hung up on her. Then Kathy was in one of the bedrooms at the Vic, near tears, trying to explain to people about Donna, only to see Donna walking towards the room with a crazy grin on her face...

I will blame that on the show putting Pat back in the Vic.

Not sure who to blame for the dream with Seth Snyder, Sabrina, Frannie, and Lisa Dingle running in and out of a burning building to get old movie reels...