EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Joe Absolom was a great actor too, much better than Martin Kemp's hammy ass.

and whose heart didn't break when Steve got off for murder and manslaughter, while Matthew was sent away for manslaughter?

Matthew coming back to torture Steve:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And while we're on Janine, Janine pushing Bary off the cliff:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Martin was hammy but I think he was a good fit at the time. He and Dan (even if Dan was poorly used, IMO) were both much more attractive and charismatic men than Phil, who was written as the big stud and the show's main man at that time. Steve added some of the camp and glamour which Eastenders was trying for at the time. After his departure I think they've tried that again with people like Scott Maslen but it's never been the same.

Ugh was that a di Marco sister. <_<

• Members

I think Matthew Robinson all but implied he would have fired them but he was afraid of their angry reaction, something about being strung up by a lamppost?

For some reason I thought he only fired the grandparents.

That scene makes me cringe.

Steve's PMT enraged sister: He has a gun.

di Marco sister: <wood shout> WHAT? </wood shout>

I wonder if that PMT rage story is as ridiculous as it sounds.

• Members

Patsy Palmer is pregnant...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/895205/EastEnders-star-Patsy-Palmer-is-pregnant-with-her-fourth-child.html

I really hope they don't write this into the show. The last thing Bianca needs is another kid. Though, I wonder how they'll write Bianca out while Patsy is on maternity leave...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I can't believe that Patsy is old enough to have a 18 year old son. She looks so young. I agree that they shouldn't write in her pregnancy. Bianca's litter is big enough.

Dennis is the most younger charismatic leading man that EastEnders has had in forever. I like Ryan, but he doesn't have "it." I know that Scott Maslen has tons of fans and he is handsome, I just don't find him a compelling leading man.

EastEnders could do with a younger hard man to shake things up. It doesn't sound like Michael Moon is that kind of character. This is exactly why they should have never killed off Dennis. He was the kind of character they could bring back along with Sharon to liven up the Square and stick it to the Mitchells and Brannings. Other when Pat and Frank ran the Vic, I have always thought that it is best when run by the Watts.

• Members

Sharon said in 2004 after her relationship with Dennis came out that she thought it was what she wanted, living in the Vic again, but she was wrong. She realized that it was filled with nothing but bad memories for her, from Den and Angie's marriage, to her tumultuous marriage with Grant and relationship with the Mitchells, and to the then return of Den. It was also part of the reason why she sold her shares of The Vic in 2002 back to the Mitchell's.

I think Sharon really came alive as a character during her second return, which was brilliant overall regardless, when she moved away from the Vic and the Mitchell orbit. She was really good at Angie's Den (which is now R&R). Maybe Roxy and Ronnie can put it for sale and Sharon can anonymously buy it again like she did with the Vic in 2001.

Nigel Harman wanted them to kill off Dennis, so I don't think he ever wanted to return. He recently said he thought it was a "great story decision."

This is what he said in an interview:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/theatre/article3977519.ece

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I don't think Bianca will have another child. Some at Walford Web said they could do a story where Bianca has to go to prison for benefit fraud or for taking blame for something Whitney does.

I wonder if this means that they might keep Carol around longer, if Lindsey Coulson is willing to stay. I'd like to see her have something to do.

If they don't keep Carol around then I wonder if they will just have Bianca pack up the younger kids and leave for six or seven months. I can't say I am missing any of those children very much as it is...

The problem with younger men on the show in recent years is they are always either thugs like Sean or teary-eyed wimps like Deano, Syed, Ryan (when he's in his sanctimonious mode), Danny, Callum. The casting for younger men was poor in Santer's time...hopefully that might change now.

If it were me I would do what many have suggested and have a new family arrive, a family with three or four brothers.

• Members

It looks like Carol will be heavily invoked this month, she's mentioned a lot in August spoilers.

I think Lindsey Coulson would re-new her contract if they offered her more to do, which seems likely now. I think Kirkwood said he was a Carol fan, so I guess he may have some plans for her.

A male equivalent to the Slater family? I would like that actually.

The Masood's are pretty much a big success, but I don't know any new family has been successfully introduced on any soap since the Slater's. I would hope if they try that formula with brothers, they'd look at what made the Slater's so successful a decade ago.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yes. If they'd kept Whitney's boyfriend Todd around I would have liked to have met his family.

I hope Lindsey would stay if they'd ask. I know she has done a lot elsewhere but then I never thought she'd come back in the first place.