Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For one, I am not surprised that Norris threw his hat into the ring to run for Councilman against Sally. It was only time before he jumped ship. I wonder how Mary is gonna factor into the campaign. Is Sally gonna reach out and get her to become her campaign manager, or will Mary throw her own hat into the ring? 

Anna's overreaction to Phelan staying was pure camp and not in a good way. At this point, I think it is time for either Anna to come clean about Phelan or to try and get rid of him. Her pouting up and down the Street is getting old. 

Carla and Tracy.... :rolleyes: Carla has been reduced to an idiot. She could so easily flip this on Tracy and get her off her back by simply threatening to pursue Rob if Tracy even thinks of blabbing the truth to Nick. The attraction is already there between Carla and Rob. It'll take nothing for her to woo him from insecure Tracy. Carla allowing Tracy to hold the cards are pathetic. 

Alya's new friend is OK. She didn't impress me. I can see now that she'll probably be the cliche Corrie tart/slapper that starts off liking poor Zeedan and screwing her way through the Street. She already comes off as dodgy and fickle as she was flirting with Andy too. There's potential to the warming up to her but I doubt it. Maybe Kate Oates will find a way to make her more endearing.

• Members

I don't understand the praise that Debbie Rush seems to get. Anna is an unlikable harpy. Even when she's completely in the right, she sounds bitter, ugly, and annoying. I dream of a day where Gary is set free from the harridans in his life. 

It seems so short sighted of the show to bring on this new chick for Zeedan. The only time he can get some is when his sister brings around a random friend? That little moment he had with Todd on New Years was the most exciting thing they've let him do. 

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I'm still scratching my head over those episodes in the hotel with Tracey withholding Carla's pain medication. I think it was fairly easy to see that Allison King was struggling to make those scenes believable but was fighting a losing battle.

One of the directors tweeted last week that he'd finished a very strong episode with Catherine Tyldesley, Shayne Ward and Daniel Brocklebank. Call this wishful thinking but isn't it possible that Aidan is bisexual and could be caught in bed with the vicar by Eva? And once Aidan is revealed to be "flexible" then maybe Todd will set his cap for him? And anything resembling a Sean exit storyline would be fine with me.

• Members

OK. Does anyone know if Kate has already started yet? If so, she got some work to do. Corrie is starting to get stupid again....

Tracy blackmailing Carla is stupid. For both characters. Tracy, who is supposed to be cunning and sly, would've picked up (especially tonight's episode) that blackmailing Carla will only lead to Robert dumping her in the process too. Carla should've picked up on this too and turned Tracy's scheme on her. I could've sworn I heard  Tracy say after Deirdre died that she was going to improve herself, and now it comes off as some throwaway line as she's back to the same ole', same ole'. I'll be glad when Allison King/Carla leaves so this story can wrap up. It does no justice for either woman. 

Then we have basic Chesney still moping over Sinead becoming a model. He is acting like she is about to take off and become the next Naomi when that isn't the case. 

Izzy is moaning about her pains and acting erratic over some weed when she could've found any young chap on the Street to direct her to some legit weed. Of course, poor Gary has to be come to her rescue and be strapped to her yet again. :rolleyes: I'd rather watch Gary work that sexy body out than watch him save Izzy. Why isn't Gary (and Zeedan too) acting like men their age and being young playboys? I should see him shirtless on the regular! :P

• Members

RIP Tony Warren, Corrie's creator and the architect of many of the aspects that would still carry it today if they tried.

In an era when so many gay men in TV only write for women in the vilest terms, it's also good to remember a gay man whose writing loved and celebrated women and knew their importance to the genre. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tony-warren-dead-coronation-street-7476953