Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I love this pic of Violet Carson (Ena Sharples). 

It's a sad day indeed. BUT couldn't Tony Warren's death signal the beginning of the end for Antony Cotton as Sean?

Edited by TimWil

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Antony Cotton socialized with Tony Warren from time to time. I've seen a few photos of them standing next to each other at various functions. Sean was the CS character who most closely resembled Warren in a superficial sense, wasn't he? So it makes sense that they were friends.

I was shouted down at DS for daring to suggest that Cotton's job might be in jeopardy down the road following Warren's demise. Oh, please. I made a point of how sad it was that Warren has passed but perhaps a silver lining  in this cloud could be that Sean might finally be sent packing.

ETA Is it becoming obvious now that Pat Phelan will be found with one of Charlie's chisels sticking out of his back? I think he'll end up seriously damaging Jason's business so Jason and Eileen can be added to the list of suspects which includes Anna, Michael and Gary. I hope Michael is revealed to be the killer and we won't have to endure Les Dennis anymore.

And...uhhh...is it possible that Rama's not who she seems to be? Why is she insinuating herself into that family and why is she focussing on Zeedan? Is it at all possible that she's radicalized and is out to recruit him? I know that seems a tad far fetched but still...

Edited by TimWil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Watched Monday's double as I'm always a sucker for Todd and Sarah (I wouldn't even be that bothered if they ever "turn" him back into a relationship with her). The writing was very skimming-Wikipedia, but they made it work, especially Bruno Langley. I'm so glad the show remembered Billy and how his death has haunted them both. That's the Corrie I love. 

The rest was the Corrie I try to avoid - shocking caricature (Mary, Sean, Tracy too but at least she made me laugh), entitled nastiness (Anna trying to throw Todd out of a diner that is not hers; Fiz and Sean spouting off at length to their bosses), and unpleasant drudgery (nasty Anna and nasty Eileen at dinner with blubber man and hapless Kevin; Tyrone and Fiz money woes). 

Kylie and the old man and Aiden and Eva and the plot device immigrant were like Shakespeare in comparison.