Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

OK. Just watched and @DRW50, this exit was meh. I agree that Maria should've had a role in Carla's exit given their history. It would've been nice to see Leanne and Ken inserted in there too. I don't expect a parade for Carla when she exited but damn. It could've been more. 

I still don't care about this Callum story as it wasn't murder. It was self-defense. All of this over nothing....

Funny how in the end, Tracey did lose to Carla inadvertently. Rob wants nothing to do with her, and now Michelle (Carla's BFF) has Amy. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think the problem with US soaps was out of touch executives and rewarding hacks by the mid-90s. The half-hour soaps were as bad as the hour ones. 

Two times a week probably isn't feasible with the current TV climate - a lot of viewers would just further move on to mass-produced reality shows - but three or four is what I would do. Emmerdale manages to be watchable at six, but Corrie hasn't been able to sustain five a week in years, let alone six.

The only upside will be if they put Emmerdale and Corrie on Sundays again and stop clumping so many episodes together in a night.

• Members

Daniel Brocklebank and Bruno Langley really went for those kisses. Reminded me of Rupert Graves and James Wilby in Maurice. Those kisses are burned into my brain, so seeing something so similar to them on Corrie was...um...unexpected. 

• Members

It started off with what I would have expected, but as it continued I was quite impressed. Could Kate Oates be responsible? It would certainly be more in tune with her work that Blackburn's. It's so strange that Sean O'Connor will be credited before her. He's very brave for choosing to put his name on work that isn't truly his.