Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Live episodes cost a lot of money, I think the one EastEnders recently did for their 25th anniversary cost over a million pounds according to Santer and Yorke.

I think it's kind of cool that Marquess wants to celebrate Hollyoak's anniversary next year during its 16th anniversary, and not this year during it's 15th. Very fitting for this show.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, shirtless Darren is ALWAYS welcome. I hope this means there's more to come with Marquess :lol:

Ugh, I can't even look at Josh now. He's so freakin' ugly. It's blinding.

Mercedes is such a selfish cow.

Kris is still amazing. God, I'll miss him.

Hmm, Marquess said he'd be taking Darren in a new direction, right? After tonight, I got the feeling (dream/wish) that the new direction would be RHYS! INSTANT GOLD! I would not be able to control myself.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I thought the actor was OK, although that might have been because he replaced Sonny. I liked some of his moments with Hannah.

Of the family I think Danny and the girl who plays Lauren were probably the best actors. She's been in so many bad stories, although I liked her with Gaz, even though Lucy Allan made them both so vile. The stuff with Lauren and Newt always seemed a bit off to me, I mean when the show moved beyond them being only friends, but then it seems like the show gave up on Newt a long time ago. Is Newt still on the show? He doesn't interact with any of the teens.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Newt is still there, and he's no longer the goth-type he used to be. He and Ste work at that diner place the last I saw of them. They were both after some girl. Marquess is getting rid of him soon though, though Nico claims he wanted to leave...

Lucy Allan screwed a lot of these characters up and altered them beyond recognition...

• Members

Hollyoaks got some good ratings on Monday - 1.24 Million.

Sure its not much but judging the terror ratings they have been getting recently.This is a big improvement.

Monday`s episode was decent enough as it was.

Jake & Loretta are getting some focus next week. Hyping up the exit i guess.

• Members

Thanks. I'm glad Jacqui will have a lot to do. That's funny when Jorgie says she had no idea she was going to be in Hollyoaks Later until DS told her.

I know some in the comments are saying that her being the killer is unrealistic, but I don't care that much in this story because the whole thing is absurd anyway. At least there will hopefully be some drama.

• Members

Who the [!@#$%^&*] does Cherly think she is? What the eff right is it of hers to tell Carmel about the affair? INSTANT HATE! And she's religious too? Well, isn't that the effing cherry on top. VOMIT!

And seriously, these boring useless children who have taken over Kris, Zoe, and Zak's crib need to GET THE F.UCK OUT! Except the lesbian chick, she be cool! B)