Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for that. I wish they'd asked her about Des. That was nice of her to lie about Ricky Whittle being a good actor.

Jacqui has been underused, but the whole MY BABY! MY BABY! saga that went on for about two years badly damaged the character. I hope they can go back to what she was initially.

• Members

What did you think of the episode?

I just can't wait for this stuff with Calvin to be wrapped up. I also don't know why they had to get Teresa pregnant. Seeing Teresa and 30 year old Anita going on about a baby, no thanks.

• Members

I'm hearing this week will be great with the wedding and climax of this flashforward crap. About time too, that story drained a show a that was already boring and aimeless. I've been hearing good things about this upcoming week, though...

With Marquess expected to be in the credits next week and knowing he tweaked some of the material that will be airing this week, I think now is the time for me to start watching again...

BTW, I hear the next interview Kris Green of Digital Spy will post will be with Marquess, either later today or tomorrow...

• Members

I watched Monday's C4 episode. The Jacqui scenes were good, especially those with Mercedes. And it's nice to still see all the McQueens together, although I wish Nana made appearances, I guess she hasn't been around since Tina died.

As some sort of B story they're having a lot of the pointless twentysomething/late teen characters in a murder mystery weekend, with a badly acted young woman dressed in an old woman's clothes, and a big mansion. So far it's bad American accents and acting which isn't a lot better, although it's nice to see Amy being happy. During the time I watched regularly I think she was happy twice, and one of those times provoked a beating.

Her boyfriend is hot but he shouldn't speak. They put him in nerd clothes for no apparent reason other than the hot nerd fantasy, I guess.

• Members

• Members

I just started it...

I come from America and I don't think Corrie, Emmerdale, and Eastenders are the same format with different accents. Or should I say at their best I don't think they are.

Is he saying that he doesn't think the show is currently focused on younger characters and by fall it will be or is he just saying they're going to focus on younger characters? I don't quite get this as I don't think Hollyoaks has been focused on older people in some time. I also thought Tony had already been moved into an older bracket. He's married to a woman who is only a few years younger than him and he's raising her child -- actually he's been put in the older bracket for a long time now.

This is very true.

I hope the line about Carmel doesn't mean we will get more of the Jesus potato :lol:

I LOVE that the theme and the credits are going to be changed. It's been long past due.

I don't mind the cutesy opening segments but he does have a point:

I'm glad to hear that they are going to wait until next year to celebrate their anniversary. That makes a lot of sense.

I don't think that you need your mother less just because you get older. Jacqui has a very complex relationship with Myra. Jacqui basically WAS the mother for most of her adolescence. That's far more interesting than anything with dull Teresa.

I'm glad they will finally get another male McQueen, although that background, I don't know.

I guess we will still not be seeing much of Myra, Jack, or Frankie. Or Tony, if he's supposed to be in their age group soon.

Edited by CarlD2