Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder how much longer Anita has on the show. Sheree Murphy made it sound like she was hired just before Marquess came in and they were sending out feelers to her since last fall. I think Marquess inherited her contract and had no choice but to carry out this upcoming story with Anita and her long lost mother.

I've never read the books, but I usually bad books based on TV shows.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hope Malachy being included means Marquess has big plans for the character and that this isn't just his exit. Malachy was one of my favorites during the time I watched consistently and he and Jennifer Metcalfe had fab chemistry until the Calvin disaster.

I'm looking forward to this. The Sarah stuff in the last one was the highlight for 2009 on HO and probably in soap overall.

• Members

'Oaks boss plans "outrageous" Cindy plot

Hollyoaks boss Paul Marquess has revealed that he has a shocking storyline in store for schemer Cindy Cunningham.

Cindy will leave the Channel 4 soap temporarily later this year because Stephanie Waring, who plays the character, is expecting her second child.

In an interview with Inside Soap, Marquess confirmed that Cindy will depart with a bang and also promised that interesting times are ahead for her husband Tony (Nick Pickard).

Marquess commented: "We've got big plans for Tony, especially as Cindy will be bowing out when Steph Waring goes on maternity leave in the summer."

Asked how Cindy leaves, he replied: "All I can say is that it's really outrageous. When I told Steph, her jaw hit the floor - and then bounced back up again!"

Waring announced her pregnancy last month. She is already mother to a young daughter named Mia, who she welcomed in 2005.

• Members

You can read parts of Paul Marquess' new interview with Inside Soap here via this slideshow from Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/i258998/who-has-been-axed.html

Some interesting things he said that I'm looking forward to:

- He loves Darren and we will see a 'whole new side' to him

- He loves The McQueens and there will be yet another new one.

- Jacqui, in particular, will embark on a new direction. He LOVES Claire Cooper.

- He has big plans for Tony and Cindy

- Lee Hunter will enroll at HCC as a drama student, and one of his first big things is putting on a play. Marquess says it will be hysterical.

- The Costellos arrive in August

- The second new family will arrive later in the year, they're still under "development."

- The show will be a little brighter than it was at the end of last year, but there will still be serious storylines.

- The Costellos will be the new owners of The Dog

The only bad thing he said is that he loves Cheryl. :angry:

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Oaks to introduce third new family

Hollyoaks boss Paul Marquess has revealed that he plans to introduce another new family to the soap later this year.

The show's new series producer last week announced a string of new signings who will be part of two new clans - the Costellos and the Sharpes.

Speaking to Inside Soap about what else he has in store, Marquess confirmed: "Later in the year, there'll be another family but they're still very much in development.

"They'll arrive with a story about how kids react when their mother is becoming more and more selfish in what she wants, and sort of screwing up the lives of her children in the process."

Meanwhile, on what viewers can expect from the Sharpes, he said: "They're going to utterly change one of the existing character's lives - in a Sliding Doors kind of way. If this character had chosen to go right instead of left, things would have turned out very differently for them."

Marquess joined Hollyoaks in January and is currently steering a period of reinvention at the teen serial.

• Members

- Cheryl will get a new man who is "Very Nasty".

reckon its another womaniser who wants to control her or something

With these 3 new families heading into the show, i am getting more exc-CRAP.Its on now.Just caught Laura in the bunny costume-ited for Marquess debuting.