Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Isn't Carley Stenson their longest serving, in terms of consecutive years, female cast-member?

Of course, tenure never stopped Marquess from firing people elsewhere...

But I don't think they're going to get rid of Steph. Where would Tom go? The folks at Lime seem very invested in Ellis Hollins and keeping him on the show for as long as they can. Cindy wouldn't want him and is involved is another sphere at the moment.

He mentioned involving Frankie a lot in upcoming stories, I don't think they'd write her only real child on the show off, as Jake is being written off again soon.

But, ever since Max died and the Niall stuff cooled, I've felt like they haven't known what to do with Steph. What do you suggest, Carl?

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Since Marquess wants to bring in a Jordan wannabe, they could have Steph mentor her, since Steph had those exact same stories for years and years. She's also the only friend Lee has on the show.

Carley is one of the show's best actors and has a lot of ties to everyone, it would be bizarre if they don't exploit that, especially compared to dead zones like Cheryl or Theresa or Carmel.

• Members

From digital spy

New bad boy for 'Hollyoaks'

Irish actor Emmett Scanlan has been cast as a new bad boy character in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 30-year-old begins filming with the teen serial next month as Brenden, a sinister new arrival with a dark past.

Scanlan has appeared in a variety of small TV and film parts since 2004, but Hollyoaks will be his first major acting job. His previous credits include appearances on Irish medical drama The Clinic and the 2008 movie Freakdog.

Speaking of his Hollyoaks appointment, Scanlan told the Evening Herald: "I've just booked a leading role in it which starts in May and I'm a bad-ass in it. I play a bad guy with a dark secret who goes by [the] name of Brenden.

"It's a good healthy stint of six to seven months and I can't wait to get started. It's all about new experiences and Hollyoaks has a very impressive history. It's great to be part of it."

Scanlan is the latest in a string of new signings which have been announced since new producer Paul Marquess joined the Chester-based drama in January.

Since taking the helm at the soap's home in Liverpool, Marquess has instigated a mass shake-up of the soap's cast and creative teams.

Last week, he announced a hoard of new names, including former Bill actress Kim Tiddy, who he hopes will help reinvent the serial.

Yesterday, Digital Spy exclusively revealed that Channel 4 chiefs have recommissioned a third run of E4 spin-off Later.

• Members

It sounds like he will be interacting with the students. I hope Alex Carter is ready for fun moments with India...

I liked Danni too. The actress is still available -- she was on Corrie last month as a lawyer.

I'm so glad that the Osbornes aren't getting the pub back. I'm glad they're giving that to the new family. It's a good way to help make the place interesting again, and introduce new people.