Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

With his call for glitz and glamour, I really see it being a totally new show. At first I was worried about that, but i've come to terms now. It's do or die time with The Bill being canceled and all. And the show is so bad right now that even the familiarity isn't enough.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Marquess did a good job of establishing new families at past soaps, so here's hoping it will be the same here.

This one stands out though. Too often we just see interracial couples on soaps or interracial children/characters with parents that aren't together. It seems like this is a fully developed interracial family, with a black matriarch and a white patriarch and children. This is a good start, but of course, a good story has to be there.

• Members

Hollyoaks has so many interracial couples, it's almost difficult to find any black couples in the show's history. I'm glad they are at least going to finally bring in a mixed-race family, not just a brief pairing that goes nowhere.

• Members

From Channel 4

The new clan will be called the Sharpe family! Family members include mother Gabby, played by former Footballer’s Wife actress Phina Oruche (pictured above). Alongside Gabby comes her son Taylor and daughter Amber.

Earlier today we spoke to Paul Marquess about the new additions:

“We will meet Gabby Sharpe – and her teenage children Taylor and Amber – in dramatic circumstances. Their arrival in Hollyoaks will change the life of a much loved character forever.”