Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

There's some speculation that she was a Lucy Allan hire. So far he hasn't made a lot of changes to the show oncamera, just a few firings, most of his focus has been behind the scenes. One article said Sheree is probably moving to Australia next year. If that's true then she may only be in for a short stint.

I always feel like Elliot is an interesting character who has almost never had a good story. I still have no idea why they did that crap where he dumped Sarah and then was with Hannah briefly. The show got so musical chairs with pairings over the past few years it made watching the individual episodes seem pointless.

I don't even know what Elliot is doing now.

I guess they might have kept on with that pairing if the girl who played Laila hadn't quit.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We must still be getting a lot of firings over the next year, and it's just waiting until contracts expire. Otherwise I don't believe Ravi, Anita, India, Archie, and others I'm forgetting would have been spared. I think it's time for Carmel to go, sadly, as she was one of my favorites 2-3 years ago.

These are what I would call "difficult" characters played by good to very good actors:

Dominic

Ste

Nancy

Jacqui

Mercedes

Elliot

I hope Marquess manages to write story for them, although of that group I would only really miss Jacqui and Ste.

These are people I would shape the show around, with new blood and a few returns (Clare? OB?) also helping to improve things:

Steph

Malachy

Myra

Darren

Cindy

• Members

Yeah I think he will probably bring in a lot of new characters, if the budget allows. I know he did on his other shows. Hopefully it will revive the show. There's quite a bit of unused talent there. I don't think the show deserved it's "good looks bad acting" reputation, at least not in 2006, 2007, 2008. There was quite a bit of good acting. And some of those people are still around, the problem is that Frankie, Nancy, Jack, among other characters played by some of the show's strongest actors, have been painted into a corner.

Still, aside from Zak and maybe Newt and Dave, I'm happy with these firings, and I'm sure there will be more soon, hopefully of the worst actors.

• Members

I'll miss Dave, Zak and Newt and Lauren who finally won me over. I'm especially devastated about Zak. He was so cute. I wonder if this means Zak's sister Hayley is next? I also wonder what will happen to the McQueen's. I don't want ANY of them touched.

Sad about Kris too, but he's been announced to leave for a year.

• Members

With those cuts, I'm only upset about Zak and Newt. I don't like that the article mentioned Cindy's contract. She better not be cut when her contract expires. I'll miss Jake too, though I admittedly haven't watched any of his return.

Hallelujah to the exit of Spencer. Never liked him from day one. And the Valentine family being history is great news.