Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Interesting, I wonder if Alexander Lamb will stay on as the sole story editor at EastEnders, or if Kirkwood will add someone else, or if Kirkwood will shakeup anything up there.

Isn't he officially taking over in a few weeks? I think I read Santer will be gone by the end of February.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lime digital head to exec produce Hollyoaks

Lime Pictures has expanded the executive producer team on its flagship soap Hollyoaks to include its digital head Lee Hardman.

Hardman, who heads up Lime’s digital arm Conker Media, will join the indie’s chief executive Carolyn Reynolds and creative director Tony Wood on the show.

A Lime spokeswoman said the role was a reflection of Hollyoaks’ growth as a cross-platform show and that Hardman would help to build the brand on digital, broadcast and other emerging platforms.

Hardman has already executive produced the Hollyoaks Music Show and last year’s 12-part web only storyline that supported a government safe drinking campaign, as well as other Conker projects such as BBC Switch drama The Well.

He has been linked to the Hollyoaks production team for more than a decade, working with Conker’s earlier incarnation as Conker Boy Films. Launched in 1997, the indie, was a division of Phil Redmond’s Mersey Television to get a foothold in the then-nascent digital market.

• Members

I liked Nicole too. I think they got rid of her because they got rid of her whole family, aside from Russ, who was there for Mercedes, or the hunk factor. I wish they'd kept her around. I did love her exit, that she told Nancy, Sarah, and Hannah what lousy friends they were. That "friendship" sucked. Nancy and Sarah were only ever friends with the mirror.

• Members

She was such a good looking girl and more talented than the annoying lame ass Hannah, Sarah and Nancy. I was so sad when he wrote her off. Right now I'm trying to get through Xmas week and hope that Hannah hurries and leaves. God. This whole show is unwatchable. I want to skip all these episodes, but it's not like I have anything to look forward to.

Emmerdale, on the other hand, is such a page turner I wish I could watch every episode in one sitting just so I can see what happens. I want to see into the future with that show! I can't say the same for any of my soaps, UK or US. And watching completely spoiler free is just shocking.

• Members

Anita sucks!

Tricia was a big character on Emmerdale, she had major story for years and years. The odd part is that Samantha Giles, who played Tricia's rival/friend Bernice, was on Hollyoaks a few years ago. She was mother to Lauren and Danny Valentine, and briefly flirted with Calvin. She just kind of vanished when Giles went on maternity leave.

• Members

Anita went off the rails after she was bullied and targeted in racial attacks. Over the space of last year she pretended that a boy tried to rape her (she had wanted him to have sex with her and when he said no, she said he'd tried to force her), and to get attention, she pretended she was bulimic. Hannah sympathized with her and began falling back into the old feelings she had when she was binging and purging. Anita realized how far this had gone and told Hannah the truth, but Hannah was then even more upset and started up again, so bad that she ended up in hospital, wishing for death.

When they were dumping the Roy family last fall, Ash spitefully told Anita that she had been adopted at birth by their parents.