Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can anyone here speak about Trina Fraser's time at Corrie as producer and the time at which she was head of production for Hollyoaks?

Also, can anyone do the same for Claire Fryer when she was the story editor for EastEnders and The Bill? Did she work with Marquess at The Bill?

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

2001-2004 was a big time of change from change at Coronation Street, a way of telling new stories but not going too far from the established traditions. I think 2002 was when Carolyn Reynolds and Tony Wood took over. 2000-2001 had seen quite a bit of upheaval, as there were some "gritty" and not all that well told stories on subjects like rape and cervical cancer which offended some viewers, and even some of the actors. The show had become increasingly dark. 1999-2000 had an extremely harrowing storyline where many of the twentysomething characters were blackmailed and terrorized by a drug dealer who had already murdered one or two characters, and he was only stopped when one of their fathers beat him to death. This was also the time that Sarah Louise Platt had a baby at age 13 or 14.

2002-2004 was a big era for the show. Richard Hillman psychokiller saga, Todd Grimshaw coming out, Mad Maya's reign of terror against Dev and Sunita, the blood feud between Karen Macdonald and Tracy Barlow, Peter Barlow as bigamist.

Toups has some January 2008 credits listing Trina so she must have joined the show not all that long ago. She may have joined with Carolyn and Tony. I think they also left Corrie around 2004.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

It could be April or May, depends on what they mean by "the middle" of the year, but since June is half way though the year, I consider it the middle.

You never know when to expect a new regime's work in the credits with the UK soaps. They're usually so far ahead, but as we get closer, I'm sure more definite dates will leak to the press.

Allan took over from Kirkwood in January 2009, and her episodes began airing in June 2009.

So, I guess June is the correct time for Marquess's work to begin, since he too started in January (2010).

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yeah, this would be relatively fast by UK standards. Eastenders and Corrie have been having a handover for months and even then the new work will not show up until autumn. I also think the flash forward episode is the cause of this. Even then I think we will see changes.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Does anyone have a link to a clip that has a specific OB/Clare scene. The scene has her patting herself on the back and admitting she could have saved Mel when she was burned The Doug explosion. Such classic lines include, "And if it wasn't for moi, poor old Mel wouldn't have burned in that fire and you'd still be holding hands at her AA meetings. Tragically the other one had to die too. Two for the price of one."

But the part of the scene I need the most is of when she mentions how no one believed Mel when she finally told the truth and then relays that there must be a message in there somewhere, "Liar liar the LUSH is one fire."