Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Ah okay thanks. I figured the writing was done longer in advanced. I think they already know what they're going to do with Emma/Hannah's exit in Fall(?).

Hmm...I never noticed before but Nancy/Jessica Fox can be quite pretty. She currently looks really good with bangs/brown hair.

LOL at Carmel being having potato-phobia.

Poor Hannah getting hurt because of Ash.

• Members

But how weird this all feels... He resigns as EP, then after a few months he comes back to head a spin-off or something? :blink: And when one says that he has projects "in development", that always spells "nothing will ever come out of it". Sadly.

Edited by Sylph

• Members

I believe he resigned to take a higher post at Lime Pictures, the production company that produces Hollyoaks. The late-night spin-off is only like five hour long episodes, so I guess he figured what the hell, it won't hurt him to be in charge of it.

He's a gifted storyteller, and I really wish Lime had asked him create an entirtely new program, but that's not to be I guess.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

And did he get it? The higher post? It's sad such gifted auteurs have very slight chances of getting a new program on air. And sometimes, even when they do, the shows turn out to be total train wrecks (network interferences and all).

I wonder what happened to Jonathan Harvey's telenovela for talkbackTHAMES and BBC... I bet there is a bible or a pilot written, but nothing came out of it.

• Members

I'm not a Hollyoaks fan, so I don't know what I'm doing here, but to answer one of your questions, I did read on DS a couple of weeks ago that the new producer's eps start in June. This is still BK's work.

Oh, I know, I had heard that the show has become crap, and wondered if you guys felt the same (hence me being here).

And on the subject of that telenovela, I was very surprised to read about it being in development, especially seeing as that kind of OTT drama is kind of a niche thing. I believe it was supposed to be called Beautiful Thing. Clearly it's been scraped. Googling it, there doesn't seem to be any reason why... unless I've missed it.