Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jan 14 2009, 03:59 PM)
I've always been interested in clips of Hollyoaks before it was considered a good show. I want to see old school Tony, Mandy and Cindy. Especially Cindy. Or Zak when his last name was Barnes during his first go on the show. If they must keep Russ around, I'd love for his sister Sarah to return too. She was one of my favorites and I hated that she left so early in Kirkwood's run. She was miles more talented than Nancy or Sarah.

You mean Jessica. When I first started watching, I began with the special around Sam and Andy's rapes being revealed. She really impressed me. And I loved how she told of Nancy and Sarah for being such crap friends to her.

And Zak's last name was Barnes? Was this before the Barnes family came on the scene?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Tom and Steph are finally back!

I love Tom/Holly's interaction. Two good and cute young actors. These two have more talented than the young cast of DAYS put together!

LMAO at Tom's reaction when Steph does the splits.

TomJan1409.jpg

Kris/Ravi kissing. :o We're so headed for a threesome!! I hope it happens. I want to see the fallout and reactions of the threesome.

I'm continuing to love the Theresa/Anita scenes. Theresa teaching Anita to find her "mojo" was funny. Great of Kylie Minogue's "Wow" for their scenes.

AnitaTheresaJan1209.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12092.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12093.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12095.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12094.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12096.jpg

AnitaTheresaJan12097.jpg

Cindy from the end of Wednesday's ep as Steph/Newt/Frankie walk in. :wub::lol:

CindyJan1309.jpg

• Members

At first, I was annoyed by Anita, but now I really like her. IMO, she's a very realistic teen character. She doesn't know where she fits in, and which crowd to follow (Lauren/Newt vs. Theresa). She's just doing her best to appease everyone, which will surely backfire on her soon.

I love the way Theresa quotes Mercedes whenever she told Anita to do something slutty. LOL!

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

I loved that scene!! I always love scenes with someone making a grand gesture of love, and the other person is running/trying to find them, while an awesome song is playing in the background - in this case, "Human" by The Killers.

And then of course Kris being all sad and walking way. LOL

I was smiling at that performance. Cindy is awesome. :wub:

Same here. LOL

• Members

Looks like Mandy isn't coming back. December was the end of Sarah Jayne Dunn's 6 month contract with Hollyoaks, and she says she has no plans to return as of now, but if the opportunity came back up later and with the right storyline, she would.

Hmm, I didn't know she had a bit part in The Dark Knight. I don't recall seeing her.

• Administrator

For real? :(

First Louise, now Mandy.....all my Hollyoaks babes are leaving. :(

As much as I love Roxanne McKee, I think Sarah is way more talented and has a better chance to make it big. For her sake, I hope she does. She has the talent and beauty. But selfishly, I want her on Hollyoaks.

What about Tony? I hope he's not leaving.

It was such a small role, I don't remember her seeing her either.

• Members

We might see her back soon, she likes to come and go. She's been very loyal to Hollyoaks. I don't think she's looking for a long term committment to the show right now though. When she left the show originally in 2006, she had been there for a decade. Of course she came back for a short stint in 2007 and for six months in 2008. She's currently doing a play in London, she said she wants to try new things, but the door is always open for her return to Hollyoaks.

No, Tony will be back soon. Nick Pickard is on a break and doing a play.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Even the dialogue is hinting a threesome between Nancy, Kris, and Ravi. LOL!

From Friday's episode:

Ravi (to Kris): If Nancy finds out, she'll have us BOTH for breakfast.

Yeah, and I'm sure she'd ENJOY it too. There was another line that I'm forgetting.

LOL! at Mercedes sipping that girl's drink as she makes Malachy distract her.

• Members

Sarah Jayne Dunn played a mobster's girlfriend in Dark Knight. I wish they'd done more with her on her return. The story never seemed like the Mandy I've seen, although I've only seen her in some scattered episodes from 2005 and 2006.

I wish they could write Frankie and Newt out. I don't care about Newt, and Frankie often makes me see red. And now she's living in the home of the daughter she never really cared about.

Ravi as bisexual is strange. I'm glad we're spared a self-loathing/acceptance story, but he doesn't seem to think of himself as bi, and his family doesn't know about him, so we may still get the coming out story. I'm not sure Stephen Uppal would be up to the material. I was hoping they would have put him with Russ, they have good chemistry. I think this story and the Sarah/Zoe story both come across as more naturally soapy than John Paul's last few stories. His relationship with Kieron was poorly developed and then they wasted all that Kieron could have brought to the canvas.

I LOL when Ravi said that when his brother sees an opening, he takes it, and Kris said, "I guess it runs in the family."

I also love when people get upset about too many gay stories on one show. The way I see this is Hollyoaks is making up for the lack of gay stories on 90% of the soaps.

I hope they won't break up Mercedes and Malchy. Hollyoaks needs a stable couple and I want to see them explore Malachy's HIV.

• Members

I dont have a problem with "too many" gay stories, just stories that are contrived like Zoe and Sarah having sex on Later. I still think that was stupid.

anyway, i just played catch up on like 5 weeks of episodes, so in brief ....

OMG the whole Mandy/Louise/Warren story was fantastic, I cant wait to find out what really happened to Louise - and i'll miss her and Mandy. I hate the term "hair model", I absolutely despise it, and how anyone could attach a label that means one has no acting ability to either Mandy or Louise's actresses, especially after the month of december's episodes is blind.

Warren's handicapped foster brother can quickly depart, i was not happy seeing him now in the opening titles. I see him getting annoying very quickly, and there are better ways to humanize Warren.

I loved the McQueens at the wedding, stealing the food, bringing the "entertainment" for all to see

The Nativity thing, lol.

I love Anita, and most of the Roy family (except the father)

Teresa ...... um, I dunno. She's basically Carmel and Machaela rolled into one, I dont really see the need for her. And I cant stop looking at that fried mess on top of her head.

• Members

I didn't think Zoe and Sarah having sex made any sense, but I've enjoyed the fallout. A story which doesn't make sense at first but is then well developed I prefer to a story which is mapped out on paper but doesn't make sense onscreen (which is why I didn't enjoy the John Paul/Kieron relationship or John Paul's reunion with Craig). With Sarah's terrible taste in men, I'm glad to see her exploring her sexuality, and she and Zoe have good chemistry together. I'm only sorry about how much Mike has been hurt, because he's one of my favorite characters.

I wish Hollyoaks was better at creating new characters. Over the past few years, seems like 75% of their new characters are poor. The best new characters they've created lately were in Hollyoaks Later. I'm glad they're bringing the stripper and Malachy's ex onto the regular Hollyoaks.

• Members

they're bringing Malachy's ex back? SWEET! I loved her.

I dunno about all the newbies. The McQueen's have been great, and I'm liking the Roy's. The Valentines ... eh. Sasha's such a waste of space, Lauren's OK, Calvin's meh, though atleast Leo's funny.