Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched the following on YouTube - I freaking love them all!

Baby Grace's death & funeral

Max's death & funeral - OMG, Sarah's(I think that was her name) speech was so good!

Becca's death - That little tramp should be executed for killing Becca. Poor girl. I saw a really nice montage of her funeral.

Mandy's trial - So she's the teacher who had sex with her student? Awesome storyline. LOL.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Monday's episode was kinda boring and then it got a little good.

So not only did Mercedes slept with Jackie's boyfriend; she got pregnant by him and then she had an abortion. WOW!

I felt sorry for Jackie but she's just over the top. Who told her to take the baby? She's like a loose cannon now.

Jackie reminds me of a bitchy Shannen Doherty. She's got the looks and she can act it.

• Members

I posted this in the wrong Hollyoaks thread...

When I read that Tina died I had to tune back in. I'm starting with the week of Oct. 6th and the show has changed so much. So many new characters, Mandy and Louise are more bland than ever and the tone seems different. More traditionally soapy. So far I'm not in love, but I realize Hollyoaks features different sets of characters at time. I've never liked Louise, Mandy or Steph so it's possible that's why this week is "meh" to be so far.

Can somebody tell me who this black girl with an afro is? I don't like her or Newt. Did my lovely Zak really sleep with Michaela? That's cute! Where has Amy's hair gone?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 21 2008, 04:08 PM)
Can somebody tell me who this black girl with an afro is? I don't like her or Newt.

That's Lauren, she's been on for a little over a year now. She's Calvin's half-sister. She's Leo Valentine's illegitimate child, who Clavin and Sasha didn't know about until she (along with her brother and Leo's other child Danny, whose gone now) showed up.

They woke up together, but I really don't know.

Ste started abusing Amy, one day he held her down with a pair of scissors and chopped off most of her hair.

• Members

Thanks for filling me in! I'm glad that they wrote Amy's hair loss in considering it's such a drastic change. I kinda like the new look and surprisingly love the character now. She went from the most annoying thing on earth to tolerable! What?! Will be interesting to see where her relationship with Michaela goes if she finds out about Michaela's crush on Mike.

As I watch more episodes I find myself enjoying Hollyoaks again like the old days. I will never find the stories involving Steph, Louise and Mandy interesting or Newt/Lauren, but the rest makes up for it. I can't wait to see Kris. Is he still friends with Zak? The Zak/Jessica/Zoe/Warren/Kris group was my favorite part of the series when BBCAmerica was screening it. Speaking of Jessica, she's what I wish Louise could've been. An extremely beautiful actress who could actually act. They need someone like her playing Louise (and Mandy).

The McQueen drama is fantastic as always. Haven't seen enough to understand where they are now, but the chemistry is still there and none has lost an once of their personality. Mercedes was always my favorite so I can't wait to see more of her HIV scare. Couldn't be further from what I expected for her. Would create interesting long term story. I know it's not right to say this, but Niall is very sexy!

• Members

Poor Jacqui... she's hurting...

Wow, so Darren used someone's dead father's body that he knew? Now he ran away and left his girlfriend behind. I knew Niall would be alive. I can't wait to see him face to face with his sisters and mother. It should be interesting to watch. I'm not going to lie, I got to like Niall in the end and I was hoping to would make it.

• Members

Yeah, Jacqui is going nuts, and I really felt bad for Carmel when Jacqui went off on her for not being upset with Myra for choosing them to die. Carmel might be the comedic "dumb blonde" of the bunch, but she's the McQueen with the purest heart and the best of intentions. Jacqui is the tough family oriented one, Mercedes is the unapologetic bitch, Michaela is the free-spirited one, and Tina was the book smart one.

Oh, and Niall won't be back for now, but that was a great cliffhanger at the end of Tuesday's episode when Carmel answered the phone and was told that Niall's body wasn't recovered and that he's still out there.

Niall will be on the late night Hollyoaks spin-off though, which will be premiering in November. After that, unless he comes back, he's gone for good.

• Members

Jaqui took the baby because at one point she was supposed to be Max's mother. Tina was supposed to give her and Tony the child, but then she changed her mind after letting him live with them for a few weeks. So she's taking him back.

• Members

That was before Russ found out he was the father of Max, which changes everything. Russ wants to take care of Max, but Myra rudely told him in the hospital that she wants to do that and it's what, "Tina would've wanted." That kid belongs with Russ. Jacqui knew he was Russ' child but kept that a secret from Tony during the whole surrogacy fiasco. She let Tony and eveyone believe that Tina was carrying a child via Tony's sperm sample.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner