Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hope its not Jacqui, she's probably the most complex and well acted of the current McQueen sibblings. They wont kill Mercedes without revealing her HIV status.

Tina's boring, and Michaela's so annoying. Carmel doesnt do anything for me either, though she looks like she's got the potential to be a hillarious character. I'd be fine with any of these three dying, but i'd prefer that cow Michaela to kick it.

Isnt John-Paul coming back? Is it for one of their funerals, or is he a part of whatever this drama is that leads one of them to die? Since the actor's already left, it'd be easy for them to off him.

Edited by Drew

• Members

Kirkwood steps down as 'Hollyoaks' producer

Bryan Kirkwood has stepped down from his role as Hollyoaks producer after three years in the role.

Lucy Allan will step into Bryan's shoes and will work alongside creative director Tony Wood and the newly-appointed head of production Ian Hopkins.

Allan joined the Hollyoaks team at its production house Lime Pictures as script assistant and quickly worked her way through the ranks to series script editor and deputy producer. She is currently heading up production of a new E4 Late Night Hollyoaks.

Speaking of her new position, she said: "This is an irresistible opportunity and I'm very excited by the challenge of taking on a show as successful as Hollyoaks.

"Having already worked with the talented production team and cast, I'm looking forward to developing new ideas and planning the show's future."

Lime Pictures creative director Tony Wood commented: "Bryan has created a legacy of success and award winning television which everyone at Lime Pictures is immensely proud of. Lucy’s signing reflects renewed ambition and confidence here during a thriving spell of output."

Kirkwood joined Hollyoaks in January 2006 after five years working on ITV soap Coronation Street as a storyliner. He was involved in iconic storylines such as Richard 'Tricky Dicky' Hillman's (Brian Capron) reign of terror over the Platts and Peter's (Chris Gascoyne) bigamy. He went on to become script editor at Corrie, before joining Hollyoaks as producer.

His highlights with the Channel 4 soap include the fire at The Dog, Clare's (Gemma Bissix) manipulation of Max (Matt Littler) and Justin (Chris Fountain), Becca's (Ali Bastian) doomed love affair and most recently, 'Who Pushed Clare?' He won a legion on fans for his McDean storyline which saw John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) embark on a gay love affair with his best friend Craig Dean (Guy Burnet).

• Members

OMG, NO!!!!!!

Bryan Kirkwood single-handedly revived this show. If it weren't for him, the show wouldn't be half as good as it is today. I'm very sad by this news. :(

I guess we all knew it would come soon, but I thought he'd step down in a year or so.

I wish Lucy Allan the best of luck, but she has a tough act to follow.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

^LOL! You know, I've always thought Emmerdale might be the one UK soap that could catch on in America. Mainly because of its sometimes deeply sensationalistic/ridiculous storytelling.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Bryan Kirkwood for 3 amazing years at Hollyoaks. He revived a show that had crappy actors, directionless storylines, and declining ratings and made it something truly special. He was able to get this show taken seriously again, and he created storylines that were powerful and riveting. Whatever he does next, I'll be following him. It's because of him I fell in love with Hollyoaks, and I'll never forget that.

I can't help by think that Lucy Allan will start off promising but screw everything up. I hope I'm wrong of course, but it's going to be hard following Bryan Kirkwood.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Oh my gawd this week has been a roller coaster. I finally caught up with Niall revenge and boy amazing acting from all around. I mean seriously Barry was on point. Today was absolutely fantastic and shocking who dies.

Its a shame Bryan is going maybe he should come to US and produce some shows. Hollyoaks lost is someone else gain because majority of his storylines that he has done in the last 3 years have been amazing.