Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No, don't go. We need to keep these threads alive.

Okay, I disagree with you about a lot ...

I don't know how you liked Sam and Danny. They were the most pathetic characters I've ever seen on this show. Both were horrible self-righteous remorseless pieces of crap and they deserved to die.

I noticed when mentioning Fraser, you never brought up Grace. I'm going to take that to mean you, like everybody else that watches this show, including me, thinks she's dead weight. The actress brings nothing likable to the role. One of the most boring bitch type characters I've ever seen.

Mercedes was my queen first, so you're going to have to join the queue.

You don't like Cindy and Holly? That's just completely blasphemous. I don't even understand. This story is the best one on the show right now.

At least you also enjoy John Paul and Ste as well. Their characters should not have worked with each other at all, and it was obvious they would be paired when John Paul returned, but they surprisingly have a great chemistry that really works.

The abuse story has been one of the best, but the aftermath has been lame so far. And in case you didn't know, Patrick and the hot guy from Natalie Imbruglia's Torn music video are one and the same!

As for Tony being the sexiest man on the show, you're not even close. Darren/Ashley Taylor Dawson is the sexiest man in soap, worldwide!

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I loved Sam and Danny when I started watching, and I started around dec/jan. However, by the John Paul kiss and prison story I was over Danny and by the Cameron reveal over Sam. Sam was a great character that quickly became not great. I don't miss them and I don't think they should have lived, but I was shocked that they both died. I loved that it was sudden and unexpected and that them and Leela were not on hood terms because that's joe life is sometimes. The fallout has been great.

Grace. I don't like or hate her. She's just there. This baby story is a bore.

Maybe it's because I have no history on the show at all but Cindy is annoying. I don't know who this ghost is nor do I care. I like holly and hate her at the same time. But I just hate Cindy.

The actors who play JP/Ste have a really good natural chem. I think they work better as friends but I am open to seeing where it goes.

I just got to Maxine and Patricks return. I'm really into this story since the wedding.

And tony is the sexiest. Then ziggy. Darren is cute tho. I love Darren and nancy.

• Members

I'd rank Tony near the very bottom in sexiness of all the men currently on the show (sans Tom or Jack for obvious reasons), but at least I won't have to fight you heifers for my Darren. One of the few characters I really stan for, against all odds. And going even further, Ashley Taylor Dawson is my number one hottest guy ever next to Matthew Wolfenden, Nick Youngquest, Mike Vogel and Tyrese as my top 5. Sorry for sounding like a fanboi there, but I get carried away sometimes.

• Members

She's a recast who is only around for a guest arc. She and Finn (played by different and extremely horrible actors) had a baby in 2010 when they were both 14. Amber (the mother) and her family (brother and mother, who used to be with Tony), were quickly written out along with Finn for being complete failures.

• Members

Today was such a great episode. I've never seen the scene where Darren can't hug/touch Nancy because she has yet to be examined in a rape story before, even if it was only attempted rape. Putting Phoebe in the episode was a good move, because even though it wasn't mentioned you could see it in her face that it brought the horrible memory of her own rape back. The scene where Nancy had to admit she had slept with someone that wasn't her husband the day before in case Rick's DNA showed up was very well written as well. And though Finn is a completely vile character, the actor is fantastic. If this show completely centered around Ashley Taylor Dawson's Darren and Jessica Fox's Nancy, I would still watch everyday. The two best actors on the show and the two most underrated actors in soap.

• Members

It is part of her back-story. Her horrible mother, Mel, is a prostitute which led her to run away and a get. Her rapist was shown on-screen very briefly as Doctor Browning's boss, where she saw Mercedes go into a car with him and was horrified. She's only told a few people ... Jacqui, Rhys (the man Cindy has been hallucinating), Lacey Kane, George and Robbie all know. I'm not sure who else, if anyone, does though.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Even so, I'll always miss the Darren that was shown in those photographs a couple episodes ago. Mesh tank tops and gold chains and cool shades. He was the effing best! You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you and him Cindy were one of the best couples this show ever had. I'll always hold out hope that one day they'll reunite.

• Members

I loved John Paul saying nancy was right. The way it built up - with him seemingly letting go & moving on with set to his finding out what happened to hearing Robbie was being accused to Nancy coming to him to Finn taunting him again to her accusing Finn and John Paul knowing he had to speak up. I loved the way he said it quietly at first.

Very solid episodes. Great acting. Loving the show.