June 16-20, 2008

Toups

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really wondering about the HH points and how they're found.

Obviously that one demo doesn't control the HH number, but B&B was actually up in the 18-49 demo compared to last year, yet it's tied for low in HH.

About Y&R and B&B, the thing is, B&B has been this low before, but it hasn't been lately. So that means it was this low and then climbed back up to around 3. Y&R got that 3.4 record a few weeks ago.

• Members

EXACTLY!!!!!!

ABC will be the last to bow out, because that's all money that goes in their pockets. CBS is, for all intents and purposes, leasing. After awhile, it's not worth it. The ad revenue they bring in based on the demo's will be a lot less than the shows cost to produce.

• Members

The demos are all that matter in daytime, though, and Y&R is crashing in 18-34. If it continues its downward slide in households, I would expect the 18-49 demo to follow.

Y&R may still have a large audience, but most of their viewers, sadly, don't matter to advertisers. And because CBS doesn't own the show, ABC makes more money with GH's 1.4 and even OLTL's 1.3 than CBS makes with Y&R's 1.6 in the demo.

• Members

I know that NBC and Sony have reached a "tentative" agreement on renewing DAYS for another year (through March 2010), but no contracts have been signed. The hold-up is supposedly about the cost for leasing the show (NBC no doubt wants to pay less than what Sony wants). With these recent ratings for DAYS, I wouldn't be surprised if NBC just bowed out of negotiations and canceled it. Ben Silverman was the show's savior (ex-NBC programming chief Kevin Reilly had planned to cancel it) when he showed up at NBC, but I think the only reason he wanted to renew it is because he hates Kevin Reilly, lol.

• Members

I'll co-sign everythign on here.

Even if they sign the contract, I'm SURE they have an out after the first year. it's never THAT iron clad. They can pick it up, and then cancel it next March if the numbers don't rise again.

Archived