Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Patrick and Kimberly returned to New York on the same flight I believe. Patrick saved Kim's daughter, Arley, who had been ill. Siobhan was there around the same time as she returns in the St. Patrick's Day episode that year. 

It technically is like a three week period. I think Kim leaves for New York at the end of the first week of March. The second week, Pat treats Arley on the plane. The third week Siobhan returns home. 

• Members

Alan interviewing Helen & Malcolm was hard to watch

Its so amazing at 97 she still teaches acting but seeing that she has memory issues was difficult (probably trigged cause of My Dad's experiences before he died)

However what still came thru was Helen's love for Ryan's and that was a beauty to see

• Members

Thanks to JASON47! for the ratings at the beginning of the 1981 writer strike

June 1- 5 1981

Roger told Seneca of Kim and Michael’s affair.  Rae confronted Kim and Michael.  Michael confessed to Kim that Rae was his other paramour.  Joe ordered Sal, his messenger, to keep Michael quiet.  Kim fired a shot at Michael while Sal lurked outside.  Seneca and Jack rushed to the scene.

June 8- 12 1981

Kim shot Michael before he was finished off by an unseen party.  Rae confessed to the murder to protect Kim.  Sal swore to Joe that he didn’t terminate Michael.  Seneca gave Kim the heave-ho.  Siobhan and Joe battled over her friendship with Jack.  Siobhan was green at seeing Delia and Joe discoing.  Wes courted Delia.  Matt and Rose warned Jack against investigating his setup.  Faith renewed ties with Maeve and Johnny.

June 15- 19 1981

Rae admitted to Roger that Kim shot Michael, but swore Roger to secrecy.  Rae was charged with first degree murder.  Frank and Jill suspected Rae was covering up for Kim, who is staying with Maeve and Johnny.  Joe was relieved when Sal’s alibi checked out.  Joe bristled at Siobhan’s impassioned defense of Jack to the police.  Jack told Siobhan to stay out of his investigation of Michael’s misdeeds.

June 22- 26 1981

Joe ordered Sal to locate Amelia, Rose’s missing daughter, in a campaign to hurt Jack.  Kim fell and hit her head during a brouhaha with Seneca.  Frank and Jill grew closer.  Bob chastised Faith for playing flirtatious games with men.  Dee disliked Cynthia Ramsey, Joe’s buxom bartender, who mixed well with Roger.  Siobhan contemplated starting a career.

Added

June 29 - July 3 1981

July 6 - July 10

July 13 - July 1 7 1981

July 20 - July 24, 1981

Edited by safe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've just finished the first 2.5 years and WOW this soap is so unusual and well crafted, it feels more like a play than a TV show.  I also love the insight into what ordinary life was like for my parents' generation

I've just come to the end of the Kate Mulgrew years.  I find it astonishing that she went through a whole pregnancy and gave the baby up, then had to act out the happy ending she didnt get (which must have been very hard).

For those that watched it at the time - did people know what had happened? What were people's reactions to it/was it shocking?  If this happened today the reaction would be crazy but obviously very different times.  I read her memoir (which is what instigated my love of RH) and she states nobody really knew but watching it now, it's obvious she's real life pregnant vs Jill's neat little bump. 

• 2 weeks later...