Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

As much as I love Ryan's Hope, if any of those characters returns it needs to be written by Claire Labine. Why would anybody care to see Delia on GH? This is just insane to me. I don't want this at all and I actually like Maura West as Ava. Now if they did a reboot of Ryan's Hope and wanted Maura West on that show I'd be fine with it, but not like this. Such a waste of time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Also when would Delia have had Ava. Ava would be younger than Delia's son with Frank, John. Delia was gone from December 84 to September 86 I guess that could be but Lucy said Victor met the mistress at Ryans bar.

IMHO this would have to be a rewrite and I wonder how Claire would feel and surprised Ilene would do it if it messed with Claire's story

Edited by John

• Members
do you honestly think this writer cares about any of that? They made Rex, Clint and Echo's son from an affair that happened years before Jessica and Natalie were born, not to mention the debacle with Dani and Jack switching birth orders Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Delia was also off screen from mid-fall 1983 (the firing of Ilene ) through mid-June 1984 (and the return of Delia played by Robin Mattson).

Ryan's Hope messed with their own timeline by SORASing Johnno into a 19 year old with a baby and having dialog that said Frank was the same age!! when he (Frank) became a father. That would have made Delia – according to early RH years “facts” - - giving birth to Little John at 14 -- after having married Frank at age 9.

• Members

I'm getting more pissed the more I think of this. Ryan's Hope was such a special show and I can't imagine how Claire Labine will feel about this. I know they won't make this simple either. As complicated as Carlivati's storylines get, this could be a huge clusterfuck for Ryan's Hope. In other news, it's kinda making me wish somebody would reboot this series. I know Rosie O'Donnell and Claire Labine tried, but they couldn't get any traction.

• Members

I don't think Delia was ever trashy the way Roxy was.

What annoys me is that Claire Labine helped Ron get his start in daytime, and you just know that instead of asking for any of her input regarding this, he will likely [!@#$%^&*] all over her creation and then tweet that he knows Delia better than anyone and he saved Delia from Claire's drudgery.

• Members

Just saw this and was tweeting this at that time

So It looks like we are getting some Ryan's Hope on @GeneralHospital soon. I HOPE @carlivatiron@valentinifrank consulted with Claire Labine since she co-created Ryan's Hope & was one of their EP's from 1975-1981 and Head writers from 1975-81;, 83; 87-89.Plus If Delia is coming to GH then I hope she is written as Delia and not OLTL's Roxy.