Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm about seven or eight episodes into season 6, and I find myself actually enjoying this season more than season 5. I'm a sucker for an over-the-top doppelganger storyline, and the Krystle/Rita plot is pure camp!

The Colbys' inclusion for the most part aren't so bad... other than Emma Samms as Fallon. Good Lord, her constant, "Why can't I remember?!?" cries are obnoxious. And it's kind of jarring, how Pamela Sue Martin's hair was generally straight and flat, while Samms' is a giant poof of curls on her head.

I love watching Heather Locklear getting older and slowly morphing into what eventually became Amanda Woodward of 4616 Melrose Place :)

Michael of Moldavia has been a weinie twit since day one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been re-watching this series once again now that it's on Amazon. i have it on DVD (bootleg) and with moving I lost my place somewhere in season six so I decided it was time to re-watch from the beginning in good quality. I'm currently in season two so the show is still good and I'm genuinely enjoying it. Alexis in season two is just sublime. Her style is unbeatable. I truly live for her here. With that said, I realized in all these years I've NEVER watched the reunion so I finally decided to do that. Now I knew it wasn't good just from reviews and fan accounts, but watching it I didn't think it was that bad. Some characters, like Fallon, are wasted, but overall it was decent Dynasty, typical of the middle years. It was over the top and glam and had humor and mystery and intrigue. I was okay with it. I expected half the characters to be out of character because thats what these writers do. One change I would've made is have Blake re-married to Sable while Krystal was in a coma and use that as your triangle instead of Miles and Jeff with Fallon. Miles wasn't needed AT ALL. But overall I'm glad I decided to watch it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't suppose The Reunion is included with the Season Nine DVD?

(Which reminds me, weren't there multiple reunion specials of Dallas throughout the 90's?)

PopTV stopped airing Dynasty a few weeks ago when they brought on Dawson's Creek, but they assure it via Twitter that it will be returning. They keep mum when I ask about Melrose Place though...

• Members

The Reunion movie has never been available on DVD. I would have thought after the last season was released it would come out separately but so far nothing.

The Dallas reunion specials are on DVD….happy about that!

I wondered what happened to Dynasty. I need to start seeing some more Dynasty on DVD.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

No, and I still wonder what conversations were had among the Shapiros, Spelling, and ABC about this.  Did they just not care?  They wanted an Alexis-like character for The Colbys, and I suppose it would have been cheesy and terribly transparent to hire another Brit and not expressly tie her to Alexis.  It's especially odd when Miles shows up with amnesiac Fallon aka his new bride Randall and Sable is practically salivating at the fact that Miles has married Blake Carrington's daughter... also your FIRST COUSIN's daughter.

However, when Monica and cousin Jeff start a flirtation, Alexis says no worries because Sable was raped and Monica and Miles aren't Jason's biological children anyway.  Scandal!

• 2 weeks later...