Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wonder if Paul Rauch as producer of SB also caused a lot of the problems during the Dobsons' return. He made a point to destroy Augusta's character and fire Louise Sorel (wasn't it because they had had an affair at some point?) and Augusta kept having those flirtations/dream sequences with her sister's rapist. Rauch and Roscoe Born butted heads so Born was gone, and Bizeau soon followed. A real shame as I thought the Flame/Michael pairing was great. Runyeon also disappeared soon after. 

• Members

She was de-aged quite a bit by that water! I wonder what the age difference was between Janis Page and Nicholas Coster. I did enjoy her in the role though. As much as I wasn't a fan of Pam Long's last year of writing, she did use the Lockridges, including Minx, more than previous regimes.

Bizeau as Flame was amazing....she had a real "it" factor about her.

• Members

Per imdb and other internet sources (I know, grain of salt): Janis Paige was born September 16, 1922 and Nic Coster was born December 3, 1933. Dame Judith Anderson was born February 10, 1897 (and passed January 3, 1992). I think it would have made far more sense to have Janis Paige play Minx's long-lost daughter, making Cassie Minx's granddaughter instead. Then again, when is a soap opera - especially SB - supposed to make sense? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The internet search says he left in summer 1991 and Rauch replaced him. Don't know how accurate that is. I just remember reading that Born and Rauch had feuded and Sorel was fired because of Rauch. It wouldn't surprise me knowing what I've read about him, but my memory could be faulty. I didn't always care for Conboy's SB, but Rauch ruined SB for me. Pamela Long helped kill it.

She definitely had it, and I wish that behind the scenes turmoil hadn't caused her departure. The Michael/Flame (which used to be on youtube) was so good and the character could have done so much more. 

• Members

I think it was a combination of things including the Dash storyline. Sorel has a really good interview at welovesoaps that goes into this. Interestingly, she never mentions Rauch by name when talking about the producer who produced the show when she left.

Edited by chrisml

• Members

Actually Cassie outlasted Stephen by a full year. He figured out her role in various mysterious incidents, threatened to expose her, agreed to meet her for breakfast to hear her side of things, and was never seen again. Then we heard Cassie on the phone asking someone, "So you're sure they'll never find him?"

Cassie moved on a near-romance with Mason under the Dobsons, then got involved with Jack Wagner's Warren, then went full psycho when Pam Long took over and wrote her out in 1992.

Roscoe Born left SB in May 1991. Conboy left in June and was replaced by Rauch.

Edited by redontop4

• Members

Thanks for the clarification. I remember reading that Born had done a video complaining about the EP (who I thought was Rauch). Does anyone remember this? If I recall, this led to Bizeau's firing because of her involvement with him. Does this ring a bell for anyone?