Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jamey found his niche and honed in on it. And the timing couldn’t be better with Tyler Perry leaving OWN for BET.

I’m sure PM could do the same if he wanted to, but he seems like he has a very full life. I’d love to see what he could outside of daytime, though.

Does anyone have clips of Patrick’s best writing from SB?

• Members

Re-watching ep 200-300 as they are being re-posted online.

Noticing the oddness of the pacing this time.  Warren finally gets with Maggie the Cop.  They flirt and kiss in the morning and he leaves.  While still in lingerie, the nurse wheels her comatose husband in from where ever he was the night before.  She feels conflicted, the next episode she calls it off with Warren and leaves tow to help her husband recuperate,

This story was on the heels of Ted's teacher who he kissed and then she had to go recuperate out of town.  Big build-ups, small pay-offs, and then they leave town forever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Join us for the first-ever Santa Barbara Reunion Cruise featuring original cast members Lane Davies (Mason Capwell), A Martinez (Cruz Castillo), Judith McConnell (Sophia Capwell), Harley Jane Kozak (Mary Duvall), Louise Sorel (Augusta Wainwright) & Nicolas Coster (Lionel Lockridge). November 4-8, 2019 from Miami to The Bahamas on Royal Caribbean’s newly-modernized Navigator of the Seas. 
Your cruise package includes: four-night Royal Caribbean Cruise, all meals in main dining rooms and cafés (specialty restaurants excluded), alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, gratuities, sailaway cocktail party with the cast, fan-tastic Q&A with the cast, Santa Barbara trivia, Santa Barbara fan gift bag, cabana rental in Perfect Day CocoCay. Premium experience packages (additional cost) offer access to additional events including private meet & greet, photo & autograph session and coffee/tea with cast members. Pay for your cruise in 12 easy installments with our Vacation Finance Program.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to sail away with your favorite soap opera stars, book your cabin today! https://www.eiseverywhere.com/website/902/
*The Santa Barbara Reunion Cruise is sailing on Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of The Seas as a large private group within an existing sailing. Booking information is available exclusively through Cruises Only at 1-877-711-0751 or [email protected].

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally found the scenes I was looking for, Eden being treated so crassly by "Linc and Laurie" before letting them have it. If that wasn't enough of a thin veil, consider the mention of producer "Betty Bounty." The juxtaposition between Eden's comments and another rape occurring is incredibly chilling.

• Members

There's also a having the cake and eating it, too, aspect I'm not comfortable with. This was increased when I found the article that ran in SOD after the episode aired.

https://classicsodnews.tumblr.com/post/171693446514/santa-barbara-attacks-general-hospital-soap-opera

I found Marcy's comments to be the most insightful. Interesting that she didn't mention having played a victim before on AMC.

• Members

Her talking about how it wasn't meant to be taken lightly is glaring in contrast to the writer saying he wanted to have fun and be outrageous. 

I do wonder why her past story wasn't mentioned. The only time I saw it mentioned was a decade later when Marcy and Jennifer Bassey were talking about their years working together. I didn't get the impression either of them were fond of the plot.