Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Sorry, amybrickwallace, but I'd rather not see Eden/Marcy in a wheelchair.  You have to excuse me.  Eden was so upset that she was paralyzed and couldn't walk.  She had partially regained her ability to walk in Utah only to lose the use of her legs all over again shortly after returning to Santa Barbara.  It doesn't help matters that violence on Elena Nikolas's part led to Eden's paralysis.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Soaplovers, Eden's paralysis went on for so long.  She partially regained her ability to walk in Utah only to lose the use of her legs all over again shortly after returning to Santa Barbara.  To make things more upsetting, Eden's paralysis was the result of violence on Elena Nikolas's part, plus Cain Garver did terrible things to Eden in Utah.

• Members

Here's a recent interview with Robin Wright, and SB comes up. You can imagine her reaction. I wish Julianne Moore would give her a serious talking-to.

http://www.king5.com/mobile/article/news/entertainment-news/robin-wright-on-blade-runner-2049-humility-and-her-first-job-on-a-soap-opera/479668809

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I doubt Julianne Moore's example would change Wright's POV. Maybe it had to do with the show extending her contract when she took a hiatus to film The Princess Bride or maybe she just connects it to her failed relationship with Dane Witherspoon.

But whatever the reason, her attitude seems pretty ingrained by now. It is what it is.