Days: Week of March 17th

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JP - I agree with you - I'd rather see character like Bo and Hope and John and Marlena on my screen in front-burner story. And if you want to compare the month of June of last year (the one month I remember being all EJami and Touch the Sky) with the month of February, I see your point. But this isn't about what's better - last summer or this spring. It's about what's good and what's bad. This is mediocre soap writing. Days used to be the soap everyone was always buzzing about. I would love to just say "Well, it's better than it was, so that makes it good", but try as I might, I just can't.

I want Days to be firing on all cylinders. I want to love turning on NBC and get excited over it, rather than sitting here wondering if anything's better on another network. I felt the same way during last summer, and I feel the same way now. Yes, it's the right characters on screen, but that doesn't give them a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

• Members

I am no talking about one months vs another, i am talking about the past few months vs the past few years. Nov of last year was amazing, one of the best months in days recent history IMHO, however that was the exception to the past few years.

This is BAD soap writing as far as dialoge goes, however i do think it is a good storyline that involves char's i love and care about. that IS saying more than what i have seen in recent years.

Days could be 1000x's better no doubt. It is one of those yes it is better you compare it to one thing (ejamilumi/touchthesky/90%of last year) and worse when you compare it to others (anything pre baby switch).

all things put aside, i am enjoying days right now. and thats all i care about. i do not care who is writing and who is not, i care about whats on the screen, and right now whats on the screen is pretty damn good.

• Administrator

Word, brimike. There's no point of comparing - I care what's happening NOW. There's a lot of things I like right now like cast interaction, vets being on, but if the overall story isn't good, all that stuff is pointless.

• Members

Yesterday was okay. I think the only thing that I liked about it was Kate stepping up for Chelsea in front of Max and Stephanie. I had it on but I wasn't paying that much attention to it because of Easter Egg preparations and dying the eggs. Actually, doing that was more entertaining than watching DAYS.

• Members

lol. the low part of the show for me was the fact that kate was on at all.

i hate how much of a days fanboy i have become in the past few months. i know this is not going to end well and i am going to hate this show again because it will do something stupid.

• Members

I'm so done with this Bo story.

When everyone was STANDING IN A LINE, and each got a line of dialogue IN THE ORDER THEY WERE STANDING IN LINE, I think my eyes rolled into the back of my head. I'm the guy who wrote about the great direction on the show, and that was POORLY directed.

LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing Nick again. He and Chelsea always bring such a smile to my face. Nice to have something "innocent" in all of this. It's all so dark and jaded, but Nick/Chelsea always manage to bring some weightlessness (in a good way) to their scenes.

• Members

Wow..what a fantastic show today...So much good stuff to mention..First off kudos to Rachel Melvin, she had me in tears a few times in her scene with Hope and then next to Bo...Loved Hope telling Chelsea how proud of her she was and saying she loved her...I was also very happy to see Nick today...Glad his absence was explained a bit and the teddy bear scene was cute..I just love Nick and Chelsea and i hope we can finally start seeing more of them as a couple..

The prep and surgery scenes were also very well done today..I'm not in the medical field but i thought it all looked very realistic, thanks Ed Scott..I will say the scene of Bo being wheeled by the line of people and everyone wishing him well was a little corny..But i kind of liked it..Its just so nice seeing so much of the cast involved in this story..Under Hogan and JER we would not have gotten that...

Another thing i enjoyed was the small things..Loved Nick, Stephanie, Max, Steve and Kate all playing cards to distract themselves..VERY REALISTIC...Also liked Belle bringing Shawn food and making him eat..Phillip and Belle's scene was very nice, and i'm really going to miss that pairing..Also i really enjoyed Kate and John's scene..its about time they shared a scene..Loved her telling them that she's his ex finance..and telling him that she knows what its like to cross a Victor..And Hope and Steve's prayer played over the surgery scenes was well done..Steve today was just wonderful, loved him trying to cheer everyone up..

Finally loved all the history references today..Kate and John, Steve donating his kidney to Jack and surviving, Max/Steph/Nick talking about Vegas and Steve asking if he could go when they went back (too cute), and finally Marlena telling John about the importance of the show..

One last note--i was happy that they finally mentioned Sami today...Roman said that she wanted to be there, but couldn't because of the scenes..I appreciated that...

• Members

Kev - I would give ANYTHING to see the show through the eyes of fans like you and J.P. I really would. Maybe I'm just too jaded, and should take a break. Because I read your posts, and I think "WOW! I want to feel that way about Days" it bums me out.

Archived